Chicago Mayor Defends Banning Protesters From Her Block, Citing Safety Concerns

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by John Brunner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno.
    Whatever the failings of Rahm Emanuel might be whilst he served as the White House Chief of Staff, during his tenure as the Mayor of Chicago, (Lightfoot’s predecessor) he had the lowest crime rate in the history of the city.
    Not that I have anything at all to do with Chicago, even though the new Mayor is another Democrat, I do hope he will pick up where Emanuel left off.

2. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes. Chicago is ranked as one of the most dangerous/deadly cities in America. Illinoisans wish the state could be split into two different states; The North and South. Cook County has 40 to 50 percent of the population. Therefore, everyone else’s vote in the state doesn’t matter.

3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Which is why the Electoral College matters so much in Federal elections.
    Why states and major cities cannot adopt a similar method of voting goes beyond me.

Denise Evans and Lois Winters like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Arrogance and ignorance is not specific to blacks; look at the putz sitting in the White House. This is what we get for awarding "participation trophies" instead of actual excellence.

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

As a matter of fact, the Democratic party has counted on the black party line vote for generations and now I am seeing more black voters coming out voicing against the practice.

6. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I tell'ya, it's been a celebration to see this woman taken off her high-horse. I loved this journalist and how he finally got to speak to her face after Lightfoot pulled his Press Credentials. Notice she has no comment after he gets his 3 minutes, love this guy:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

This is how my beloved Oregon has been taken over, and my friends up there are still trying to vote in some Conservatives, or divide that State. Portland, and Salem are the most populous cities, and Democrat run, Oregon, the rest of Oregon conservatives are mostly in Rural areas and they just can't compete with the populations in either of those cities, counties and the elite Left that's bought up properties in rural/country areas.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, I've only learned about how the Electoral College works by reading on here, in the last 7 years. We sure don't want to lose that! Our smaller communities would literally not have their votes count at all :mad:

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

Old thread and posts, but wow, what a difference! Pretty on the outside and ugly on the inside, reminds me of Dorian Gray movie, has spoiler trailer if you are interested in seeing it.