Checking Account?

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Frank Sanoica, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks like I pay what your wife pays for Part B almost and I just get widows benefits.

I don't remember the $166 deductible and don't think I have that.

For my supplemental I went with a PPO my Dr recommended. It was free and my dr takes it and so does the best hospital in Fresno so after looking it over decided it was the best plan for my needs at the moment.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis

Ike, old-fashioned is good, far as I'm concerned. Sex was good, that did not change, but Rap, widespread dope, taxed at every step you take, high prices, poor income, middle-class majority largely gone, police no longer on the side of the honest hard-working, .......It's the "New World Order" we heard about, then ignored as it happened.
    Frank

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I view police differently, Frank. Guess it depends on ones experience.

I'm a modern type person...I like moving forward not backward. Things change and it's not a bad thing.

Our parents saw Rock and Roll as bad, well some did. Now, we are our parents...don't you see?

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Moving forward is only a good idea when you're headed in the right direction.

5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I get free checks with my bank which is great. I have a "senior account" which is cool because there are never any service fees, minimum balance requirements and gives you free checks. I do write checks from time to time.Some places are not set up to take plastic in this small town area but they will take checks. Also, in case I can't readily locate my debit card for whatever reason, I will write a check. I write a check maybe every other month.

6. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I feel we're okay in general. Im talking technology and music. Although I'm not fond of Rap , some songs are catchy. I never did like Sinatra so that type of music wouldn't be good either in my opinion.

Also, everybody's good old days are different. Mine don't include radio, big band sounds or things like that.

I'm also not your typical american pie type of person. I have no problem with cultural diversity and I may be less moral in some aspects than some of you and more moral in other aspects.

I don't know what I'm trying to say here except that I think like some of you in some aspects but not in others.

I think I'm more liberal on social issues and just more conservative fiscally.

What was the question, lol.....I'm off track...sorry.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I view police differently, since so many are among my relatives and friends. I used to raise a little hell, and cops gave me more attention than I liked. My fault, not theirs.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

The Checking account I just ordered for, I have had with a Credit Union since 1986. It was back then a specially-offered type for new customers; no fees of any kind, with no strings attached. Only requirement was that a savings account be kept containing their minimum member balance, which I think was then something like twenty five bucks. Over the years, they have several times tried to "entice" me into opening new and modern accounts, which of course meant something more productive for them. I politely refused, and have never paid a fee of any kind. Grandfathered, I guess. One of the "perks" of remaining a member is that they provide Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance free, in the coverage amount of $1500. One has the option of upping that at low cost to quite high limits. The AD & D also applies to my wife.

Wonder how much it costs nowadays to burn a corpse? :rolleyes:
    Frank

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I have none as family members, I just respect them because I've never had a problem with them and we need them. Most are hard working, honest men and women who sometimes give their lives to protect us. There are a few bad apples but for the most part I think we should treat them with more respect!

11. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I write checks. I did do online banking for a time. I'd actually like to have that deleted and should go to my bank to have it done.

I do all my personal shopping with cash.

I have two checking accounts. One I maintain for my Paypal account with limited funds. More and more online retailers take Paypal. My bank offers free checking.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

PayPal will send you a debit card too, if you'd like one, and anyone who take cards will take that.

13. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Ken, I don't have a debit card at all. I think years ago when I first opened the account I have now, I got one and never used it. I write no checks other than rent and utilities. Pay all other shopping in cash. Online shopping I use paypal

Using my credit card online is rare for me.

14. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I used paypal a few times but I don't like it. I have one credit card I use online and one I carry with me to use when shopping. Many local businesses don't take plastic so I pay cash or write checks. I only use my debit card to make ATM withdrawals at my bank.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I too still got a checking account, you just don't know when you'll need cash, so I keep my checking account. I like the itemized statement too. I like the modern cards, paypal, debit cards etc...but I like my checking account too, for the just in case of life.