Cheap Way To Keep Deer Out

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Debbie Allen, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Debbie Allen

Debbie Allen Veteran Member
    Registered

I live in the country, on the side of a mountain, in the woods. The area is also a Bird Sanctuary. I have gotten lots of people asking about deer and how to keep them away from and eating everything is sight. Well after trying many things that are on the market and things that are homemade I finally found something that is really not expensive and can be used from year to year. It is said that this also keeps other birds and critters away. I am guessing because of the noise that it makes and the motion of the things. Once you get these though you will have to reposition them about once a week to maybe not less that once a month.

Here is what I am talking about!

DEERCHASERS 001 (1024x767).jpg

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No-Deer.jpg
    This ought to work. I see them crossing at the DEER CROSSING signs often, so I know they can understand that stuff.

3. Debbie Allen

Debbie Allen Veteran Member
    Registered

We have lots and lots of deer coming around us and even through my yard. Here is a photo that I took just the morning before we had that 42 inches of snow. Now I could not take a video of it, but just still photos. The deer and my dog were playing tag....no kidding! I wish that I could have gotten a picture of the deer jumping up like a kiteen playing. This deer is kind of tame as someone was raising in here in our woods....which is illegal by the way. I have not seen the deer since. His antllers were just starting to poke through...yes he let me pet him and take pictures of him.
    DSCI3731 (1024x731).jpg DSCI3741 (1024x686).jpg

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

See, I told you they understood this stuff. This photo was taken near where my camp is and published by Jewels of Maine. Not by me, but it's a good photo.

deer-crossing.jpg

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It is not just in Maine, @Ken Anderson . The deer can read these signs everywhere, and now there are activists like this lady, who is trying desperately to get the deer crossing signs put in safer places.
    (Sorry.......I couldn't help myself posting this)

Bobby Cole and Sheldon Scott like this.