Chauvin Guilty

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bill Boggs, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

The police officer on trial for killing George Floyd has been found guilty on all charges.

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank goodness

Bill Boggs likes this.
  3. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well, if the verdict and resulting sentence are justified as deemed by the court system, I hope this will be a defining event that will have the effect of a reset of our entire police enforcement system, so that there will be set standards for the law officers to follow.

In light of arrests that have occurred which resulted in overwhelming violent acts against those of other races, I believe all will agree that these changes will be welcome, and in fact, are long overdue.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Good job, legal system. Maybe he'll stop smirking when the prison doors slam shut.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

There is no way that Chauvin could get a fair trial in this country. I doubt if he could have in any country on Earth. He was tried and convicted by the media long ago.

I believe that the jury was afraid to vote not guilty. Some of them were already partially doxed. It would be so easy for the activists to find them and their family.

Cody Fousnaugh and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wasn’t surprised by the verdict but comments from the White House prior to the verdict fairly well astounded me.
    AOC was the main treat after the verdict was handed down. She said the verdict wasn’t good enough or harsh enough or some such. There is no harsher verdict than guilty.
    And to top off the whole dog and pony show, there were still riots after the verdict was handed down and broadcast.

Cody Fousnaugh and Bill Boggs like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree that the comments from the White House and other Congressional idiots were totally inappropriate. However after watching the 9 minute video of the jackass with his knee on that man's neck was all I needed to know. He killed that man; end of story. No amount of "media hype" would have changed my mind.

Trevalius Guyus and Nancy Hart like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

The way I look at it, when a person goes to the Police Academy, they are taught certain things that the public wouldn't want to see. Restraining a person who is resisting arrest is one of them. Another training technic is, shooting to kill, not to injure. The Academy doesn't teach to shoot the gun, or a knife, out of the hand of a person holding it!

BLM and others are protesting a Columbus, Ohio officer having to kill a black girl, who had a knife, who was about to injure or even kill another black girl. IOW, a white officer can't even do his duty of "protecting" without being totally criticized about it. The Mayor and Chief of Police even agree that the officer done the right thing.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Tough subject that can be pretty controversial.

And, now, this AM, read about a group of BLM and supporters yelling at white diners, dining outside, at a NYC Mexican restaurant, "we don't want you here" and "stay the "F" outta New York City".

And, the protesting goes on, along with breaking into businesses and trash fires started.

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

Just imagine how much worse it would have been if he had been found not guilty. They celebrated in Portland by rioting and burning.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That’s the whole crux of the matter is it not?

Maxine Waters, Pelosi, Biden, Harris and even LeBron James and others of position are busy stoking a fire that should have gone out long ago.
    There’s a dozen or more shoulda’s and coulda’ s in regard to Floyd’s death and there’s still a dozen or more things that will still come out about that death but this continuous threat of violence is only partially related to bad calls and bad cops.
    Bad people WANT to do bad things. They WANT to destroy, rob, rape and kill and 1 white cop and 1 black man provided something suitable for a good rationalization to do what they do.

From where I sit, it doesn’t even remotely look like the Dems in office want peace and certainly, though Biden says the word unity, nearly everything he has done thus far has divided this country into warring factions. They are heralding in a full scale civil war and let’s face the truth, there are parts of this country that are already exhibiting the effects of such a war because they are already AT war and with the overly evident permission of those in the highest offices.

Tom Galty and Shirley Martin like this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Registered

IMO, the media is promoting the violence and unrest. For example, on the NBC evening news with Lester Holt last night, they edited the 911 call that led to the shooting of the sixteen year old girl. They didn't show the part where the caller said, "She has a knife. She's trying to stab us." They make it sound like the officer shot a poor innocent girl who was only in a scuffle with someone.

Hoot Crawford and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Susan Paynter

Susan Paynter Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This whole thing has blown so out of proportion. Even the justice system were afraid and ruled as per the current situation outside the courthouse. Although, I must say, reading the history of Chauvin and the deceased, the officer did have contact with him prior and may have had a bone to pick with him, though the deceased was no angel, that's not the way grievances should be handled.
    Honestly, such types should undergo extreme genetic transformation, not that he will ever have a chance of transferring his newly acquired genes to the future generations.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, even though George Floyd was no angel, most-to-all black communities looked at him that way. And, the kid that was shot by the female officer was no angel either. They both resisted and tried to get away.

And, now, at the George Floyd Memorial in Minnesota, there is a sign telling whites how to act if they enter the area.

I remember doing a thread about being in law enforcement today. As the cowardly lion, in The Wizard of Oz, stated........."no way, no how!"

15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Exactly the same way that ABC edited the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin 911 call, where the dispatcher asked Zimmerman "Is he [Martin] black or white?" and Zimmerman responded "He is black."

ABC deleted the question so it seemed that Zimmerman spontaneously stated "He is black" out of the blue. Then there were all the pics of little 9 year old Trayvon while his present-day thug life Facebook stuff got taken down. This stuff is criminal.