Chapter 5 - New Arrival

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Maisie Walker, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Maisie Walker

Maisie Walker Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Chapter 5.

New Arrival.

When Saturday October the 14th 1950 came round I had the urge to clean everything from top to bottom and for some weeks the baby had been lying on a nerve. It was as I climbed up on the chair to put my curtains back up that I realised the pain had gone. I got told off by hubby for doing that and after helping me down he finished up doing it.
    In the early hours of Sunday morning I started with niggling pains and I could not rest.

As I was putting my Sunday dinner on to cook a knock came at the front door and who should be standing there but my mother saying "I felt your labour pains starting and I will be staying until you have had the baby."
    This to me was uncanny because I had NEVER been particularly close to my mother but here she was wanting to help out.
    By Sunday evening I was in the labour ward but unfortunately my baby was idle and had no intention of coming into the world yet.
    It was 5-30am on Tuesday morning when he decided to make himself known to the world weighing just over 4lbs.

Later in the day hubby came in to be introduced to his son and heir and he told me that at 5-28am he was punched in the stomach and he woke up SO startled he fell out of bed and started dressing himself.
    My mother was up already and hubby put his foot on the top stair to descend when he was pushed again and finished up at the bottom of the stairs unhurt.
    My mother came running out of the living room and just said "What the heck are you doing down there?"
    Hubby said "Someone or something has pushed me down the stairs."
    My mother simply said "Maisie has had the baby". The time was 5-30am.
    I learnt afterwards that my mother too could feel a presence and she too felt it was protecting me in some way but I was puzzled as to WHY.

I was in hospital for five weeks because my baby had started turning blue. The hospital staff worked hard at keeping my son alive and he was in some sort of oxygen tent. I was on a drip of some sort and kept floating off into no mans land.
    I felt that I had been blessed when my baby pulled through against all the odds and at the same time it made me think about the things that had happened at Kerry's and what would happen once I got back with my baby.

We got over all the scares and I told Cliff to bring my clothes in when the word came that my baby was ready to go home. My mother had gone back to London by this time.

It was a bitterly cold foggy end of November day when I took my baby home for the first time and Cliff had brought me a ruddy summer dress plus white high heeled shoes and a cardigan to put over the dress. NO coat.
    He said that in his excitement of having us home he just picked up what he thought would fit me. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... Typical Man.

Strangely enough when I got back home nothing odd ever happened again.
    It seemed as though having my baby alive and well had quietened whatever my pregnancy had started.

Kerry called in every day with a bundle of stick to get the fire going to keep the "babbie " warm and to come and see how he was progressing. He was a lovely old chap and I helped him where I could regarding every day life to save getting the lady coming in who used to look after his everyday needs such as shopping and washing. Just little jobs that he could not manage himself.
    Having got to past his age now myself I realise how frustrating it is if I drop anything and cant retrieve it or if I cant reach an item that I need at that particular time and have to wait until my son calls in.

Another tale tomorrow telling of my first encounter with the children hubby and I fostered for 10 months.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Really enjoyed that Maisie,especially like this bit, 'Cliff had brought me a ruddy summer dress plus white high heeled shoes and a cardigan to put over the dress. NO coat.' - made me laugh ! :p

3. Maisie Walker

Registered

Typical of men Patsy. ..Never mind we got through it.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Maisie Walker

Registered

Looks as though you are the only one reading this Patsy and wondering wheher I should carry on.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As of right now, it has been viewed 23 times, and you just posted it yesterday. Responses do not always reflect interest. I have read every one of your posts.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Maisie Walker

Registered

Thanks Ken and Chrissy. The tales you read Chrissy are those in the book I had published that happened before I was married. These I am putting up now have not been published. I will go and put Chapter 6 up.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.