Cd's

Discussion in 'Music' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a lot of music cd's, both store-bought and ones that I recorded. The ones I recorded came from an online jukebox/cd recorder that we bought when we lived in Colorado before. That was old software that we no long have or could use. Anyway, I made numerous cd's from this online jukebox/cd recorder......classic rock, disco, country and some oldies. The store-bought ones are the Greatest Hits from different music artists in the $5 bin at Walmart. All of those I have copied to blank cd's, so I'd have a back-up cd's.

I ran out of cd white covers, that are glued onto cd's to print on with a computer printer. Went to four different stores, before finally finding a store that sold these covers. I'm redoing our cd collection, but make a copy of all cd's I do. So, if a cd gets scratched or something, I have a back-up.

What we've found out is, stores still sell blank cd's, cd cases and the white cd covers, but most music cd sales are gone. Walmart has a bin of cd's, older music, that are sold for $5 and Target still sells some music cd's on a shelf, but music cd's are mostly sold online today. Music is now on iPhones and flash drives (aka USB).

Sort of wonder what new 2020 vehicles have in them to play music...…….a plug-in for iPhone/iTunes bought music or a connection for a USB?

Do you have a cd collection?

2. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know what the 2020's have,but my 13 Ram Express,(2nd tier model) Has AM/FM Satellite,(I don't subscribe), A round Aux port a USB slot and a CD player. I use my I-Phone in the USB to listen to Pandora. I don't have a CD collection, in fact I don't know if the CD Player has ever been used. I put my music on a thumb drive.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Our 2005 Dodge Durango only has a cd player/AM/FM radio. No other way to play music. When we bought our boat, it had a cassette player in it and we bought, had installed, a cd player/AM/FM radio. Actually, we couldn't believe the previous owner of the boat kept the cassette player in it.

My wife reminded me that we also have Motown music on cd's.

4. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Any of it is better than the '70's 8 tracks. Those things were horrible!

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, cassettes weren't much better than 8 tracks. A cassette could get it's ribbon stuck in the player just like an 8 track could.

Heck, there are those that don't take care of their cd's. Leave them in their vehicle in summer and wondered why they got warped by the sun or didn't handle them properly and scratched the music side. I try never to touch the bottom (recorded side) of a cd or dvd.

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

For 2020 vehicles as with previous years you have a choice of the standard or can choose want you want paying extra for it of course.

My 2003 Jeep has a cd and AM/FM radio.

I learned not to keep my cds in the player in cold weather as well. I threw a cd away thinking it was damaged. The second time it happened I took it out and after the Jeep heated up put it back in and it worked.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Most new cars come with a USB port now, so when CD players are not factory equipment you could still buy a portable unit to plug in. I haven't shopped for a 2020 model vehicle but a google search will tell you what you want to know.