Cattitude

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Diane Lane, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

This is Ryan, my big muscular black and white kitty. He loves being in this window, so he can watch the birds and squirrels out on the balcony. I love the way his paws are placed. He seems to have a lot of attitude in this picture, but he's really a sweet, gentle baby boy. Ryan cattitude in window.jpg

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Great picture ! And I love 'Cattitude' :p

Krissttina Isobe and Diane Lane like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

Thanks, @Patsy Faye, the tilt of his head reminds me of an actor trying to convey 'don't mess with me' or something similar. It made me laugh, because he's really a big baby, and is very passive and sweet.

Ryan eating his greens.jpg
    Here he is eating his greens.

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Such a beautiful cat and such poise - puts me to shame ..........:p

Diane Lane and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  5. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha !
    I know the feeling :p

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Although I've had many cats through the years, it's also been about 14 years since my last cat. Seeing your pics makes me want another one but the reality is that Pickles hates cats more than car rides and Mexicans. I'm not being racist but we have many in California and he seems to bark the most at them. Maybe because all the lawncare people around here are Mexican. He will bark the full hour my lawncare guy is here.

He also barks on the way to my daughter's when we go through Los Banos, the only small town that I have to go through with stop lights so he sees people walking and they are mostly Mexican.

He does bark at other people when they ring my bell or a white person comes in to do something in my house but he settles down.

He's a racist and a Cat hater.

8. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

9. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane Your Ryan, looks quite a bit like my Milo. Milo used to be a wild man when he was younger, but nowadays he seems to be content just to hang out with mommy. He loves to cuddle, and sits in the window at times and bird watches. He is very comfy in this house...and I am sure he wishes we never would move..but I can't live where it is so limiting, just for my cat. However, who knows when I will be able to get out of here. I hope sooner rather than later! I have been talking about this for the past two years...so it is time to do something!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Catitude is so cute and makes me smile. Just what I needed! Thanks!
    [​IMG] from http://all-in-onewallpapersfortollyto3d.blogspot.com/2013/02/super-cute-cats-wallpaper.html.
    I found this cutie and just had to share it here. I haven't had cats for over 2 decades living in apt. that doesn't allow pets. Our neighbor had a visitor cat that we all liked too and she came to my apt and nibble at treats we gave her, who passed this year. Poor little cat I named Little Furry Princess. I only have still pictures of her and not digital pictures of her so I can't share her with you. She's a bit like Nala the Cat with short legs, but a calico.

[​IMG] From nalacat.com.

Diane Lane and K E Gordon like this.
  11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, of course my own two little darlings, brother & sister, now long since departed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The baby duck showed up swimming in our pool one morning, no mama around, I pulled it out, to my cats' immediate interest:
    [​IMG]

Patsy Faye, K E Gordon and Diane Lane like this.
  12. Diane Lane

Registered

Frank, my Ryan ( the black and white pictures above) is a little rascal when it comes to my yarn, thread and jewelry supplies. I'll be in the bath tub and see something rolling by. It's him, pushing balls of yarn around the house. Love the pics, thanks for sharing.

@Gary Ridenour Love your pics, as well, the one with the knife cracked me up!

Here's one of Shannon. She's back to her old self, feeling spry and a enjoying lots of snuggling. Her whiskers are starting to grow back from where they had to cut them for the surgery.
    shannon on bed.jpg

K E Gordon likes this.
  13. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

This is one of the things that can this is one of the options that you are looking for. It is just one of the ways that cats are going entertain themselves. It is just one of the ways that they can get their energy out when it comes to playing and having a good time. These are just some of the ways that the ways that you can get the cheap and quality options that you need. However, make sure if you get yarn that you monitor the cat carefully my sister's cat swallowed ribbon and the resulting surgery and hospitalization in 2000 dollars. Correction, that was 2,000 dollars!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    Diane Lane and Frank Sanoica like this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Diane Lane

Registered

Oh I know, the materials can become wrapped around their intestines. A neighbor was laughing about how her cat swallowed some ribbon and it was sticking out of his butt, and she pulled it out...I told her it could have killed him. They're the ones who stopped feeding the stray cats they'd fed for years, so they could start feeding the birds instead, which is why the burden now falls to me, despite my meager budget. Some people who call themselves animal lovers really startle me with their attitudes. For some reason, thankfully, my cats have never ingested the ribbons/yarns/threads, but prefer to just roll them around the house, particularly down the stairs and then around down there, which was cute the first few times, but somewhat annoying after that ;). I'm pretty vigilant about what animals and children ingest. I remember freaking out when I caught my first niece (when she was a toddler) picking up a penny and trying to put it in her mouth. I'm a bit overprotective, which is a good thing, because I don't have money for unnecessary vet bills.

K E Gordon likes this.