Cats And Their Ways

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by K E Gordon, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Lydia, my older cat who doesn't eat very much anymore, loves salmon. When I buy smoked salmon, she won't shut up until I have given her a large portion of it. She takes care of the skin and the gray parts that I don't like so much.

K E Gordon likes this.
  2. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

I came across these pictures of, 2,000 mosaic of a cat, and one little kitty got into mischief even back then putting his little paw print in wet cement tile. :rolleyes:

K E Gordon likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

We were just talking about my cat a few minutes ago. I am away for a few days so he is probably sitting in the cloet. That is his safe zone when he is feeling overwhelmed. I have my roomie doing pet setting for he cat and the little dog. but he is still will be feeling a bit put out no doubt. Such is life when you are a kitty..:):)

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

That is so cute. My cats are outdoors, just in time for the thunder & lightning show and then the rain. They insist getting wet, love all that, "Extra" attention being dried off. They sure know how to work us humans. Since Pip (son) brought his dog, the cats don't know what to make of it. This was a dog free place. The dog gets fancy, some sort of dry food. Biker Boy (cat) goes charging in Pip's room to fest away. Heck with the dog. Dog doesn't know what to do. Biker Boy had a tough life before he came to live here. But he reminds me of the Gyco ad, with biker & little trailer with ZZ music in the background.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Joe Riley likes this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

So funny - what characters they are

K E Gordon likes this.
  10. K E Gordon

Registered

My cat's birthday was Augus 31. My friend bought him a little perch, scrathing post combo. It has a little hiding place down in the botttom and mouse dangling from it. So far at least he hasn't paid any attention to it, but there has been a lot going on here. I am hoping afte everyone leaves...A little closer attention will be paid to the new item. We will get the intruders out of here first and then see what transpires.:)

Patsy Faye and Arlene Richards like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have two large cat trees in my house now. Each time, after buying and assembling a new cat tree, it was months before any of my cats would go near it, other than to circle it warily, as if it was going to bite them. It's disappointing, but then one day we get up and all the cats are sitting on perches in the cat tree as if it were the best thing they every got.

12. K E Gordon

Registered

I pointed it out to my cat, and he looked at it...attempted to sniff it from a safe location..looked at the little hanging mouse, and that was about it. I then placed it next to his regular cat tree...who he hasn't sat on for months by the way...don't ask me why...his current fave isa microwave sitting in a box...he has adopted as his own. He stared at it..I tried to show him the little cublicle down below...no dice...My guess is he is going to be using this cat tree as a stepping stone to get on the table..

Patsy Faye and Joe Riley like this.
  13. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

My new profile picture is one of my cats. Her littermate sister is a tabby. They couldn't be more different. Can't decide if I'll keep it. Keeping the cats of coarse!

Frank Sanoica and K E Gordon like this.
  14. K E Gordon

Registered

Well my roomate bought in a carton, a medium sized box if you will, that is the new "spot" for kitty. As we know they like different spots around the house, they seem to tire of it after awhile, and then pick a new place to "like." He thinks this box is wonderful, and adopted it as his own within about 15 minutes. I took a pic of him awhile ago. He is oh soo content when he is in there. The only possibly better place is mommy's lap. That is a winner as well!

15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kitty Carmel

A little Calico cat! Only true calicos are born on average of something like 1000 births. Vets call them "tri-color". I call them "most desirable"!

After having 4 Calicos, I'm convinced they are endowed with the best of all possible cat attributes, and know how to use them better than any other cat configuration!

Kitty Carmel and Joe Riley like this.