Cat Believed To Be World's Oldest Is Missing, Presumed Dead

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Frank Sanoica, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

EUGENE, Ore. -- Corduroy the cat, the Oregon feline believed by the Guinness Book of World Records to be the oldest living cat on Earth, is missing and presumed dead, CBS affiliate KVAL reports.

Corduroy’s human companion, Ashley Okura of Sisters, posted the news on Instagram this week.

She said Corduroy made a run for it the night of October 9 and hasn’t been seen since.

“Corduroy literally ran outside when we opened the door as we arrived home,” Okura posted on Thanksgiving. “We have not seen him since. It is with a heavy heart I make this post, announcing that Corduroy has most likely crossed the rainbow bridge.”
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/corduroy-the-cat-believed-to-be-worlds-oldest-is-missing-presumed-dead/

What a shame. How I feel, for this young woman....
    Frank

[​IMG]

2. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

I concur Frank.

We lost our blind from birth cat Wilbur last year. Aged 17

At first I was loathed to take on a cat with disability. He was extraordinary. He did no look blind his pupils reacted to light. He could do anything a sighted cat could do, apart from leave the safety of the garden and had the complete run of the house.

I feel for Corduroy owners and hope be can be found. 10203242244877468.jpg 10203112734879799.jpg

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Gorgeous cat - Its said they 'know' when its their time, so I guess Corduroy went to find the place to settle down and let go

4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Coyote's got him. They like fast food.:D

Patsy Faye and Honey Gee like this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like Corduroy had a good life. If that life is over I hope he passed peacefully and not eaten by a Coyote @Ike Willis. :)

Honey Gee and Ike Willis like this.
  6. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometimes they run away to die. Perhaps not a comfort to the owners.

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have two who will be 27 in a couple of weeks, but I can't prove it. Since I don't vaccinate them (which is something that I credit their longevity to), and I didn't allow them outdoors for the first several years of their lives, because I wasn't living in a place where it was safe to do so, they didn't see veterinarians on a regular basis. When I brought Cutie into a vet at the age of twelve, after she had gotten into a fight (probably with her sister, although I didn't witness the fight), the veterinarian insisted she wasn't any older than five or six. I witnessed their birth. Their mother insisted that I be there for it, so I know how old they are.

Babs Hunt and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

'Both' 27 - that's amazing :)

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ike Willis likes this.
  10. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

What an amazing age @Ken Anderson. We never vaccinated Wilbur either. He had a brain tumour in the end, which developed very quickly. Unfortunately we had to have him put to sleep.

Still miss him.

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Something about cats......some folks just dislike them, period. Not sure why. Most of those people love dogs, instead. I find both to be quite interesting. Only owned one dog, though, in my lifetime. Many cats.

For their comparatively small size, cats can take care of themselves fairly well. My wife's folks' dog, breed I do not know, but it was twice my cat's size, ran up to him once in our livingroom, not to attack the cat, certainly, just playful. Old Oxie lashed out with a front paw so fast, it was barely visible, the dog, yelping in pain, quickly exited, with a bloody nose!
    Frank

Ike Willis and Honey Gee like this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ken Anderson likes this.