Car Insurance

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Babs Hunt, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Every six months like clock work our car insurance premiums go up even though we have no tickets or accidents, and drive under 3500 miles per year.

Now my husband is surrendering his Driver's License because his vision is to poor for him to drive anymore. If my daughter was to take one of her teenage daughters off their insurance then their insurance would go down. So I call our Insurer today and tell them my husband will no longer be driving and we will send a copy of the paper showing he has surrendered his license. Then I ask what our new premium will be....and the answer is: "It will be the same." Now is that fair! :mad:

Then you go online to check on lower prices with other Insurers and basically what you find is they will start you off at a few dollars less and then raise it even more for the next six months.

Some days I'm really ready for the Rapture! :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

No, not fair!

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:( How's the insurance premiums where you are Chrissy?

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_3241.JPG
    Well at least today we can "untuck" my car's eyelashes once again since I will be the only driver now. :)

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

You don't leave them on while driving, do you?

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

They came on the car when we bought it Cody and the only reason we tucked them under the hood was because the guys at work would always tease my Honey when it drove it there with those flirty lashes. Now he won't be driving anymore so I'm letting those girls loose again. ::p

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Do they come off? Reason I'm asking, an Officer could tell you they are a distraction to other drivers and tell you to remove them. Just saying. Guess you wouldn't know until you see the old red and blue lights behind you and possibly a "yelp" of his siren. Or, you could ask an officer.

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well Cody if that happens, I am going to call up the Dealership that sold me a car with illegal lashes and make them come pick it up and bring me one without them. :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

California is pretty high. I have geico and I pay about $70 a month for my 2012 Chevy Cruze.

I say they're high because that's what my ex always complained about coming from Ohio.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

So it came with them on? That's totally weird. I've heard of people buying/putting something like that on their vehicle, but not sold that way. One thing for sure, some things people think that are "cute", law enforcement and code violation book doesn't.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.facebook.com/pg/carlashes/posts/

Car lashes even has its own Facebook page. :) So I posted on there and asked if it was illegal. And I did some research but can not find anywhere that it says is illegal. But I'm serious about calling the Dealership that sold it to us like that if I do find out it is illegal. We are going to surrender my husband's license at the DMV tomorrow and I will ask them.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That is not bad at all Chrissy. Maybe we should move over there. :)

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's not? I'm not sure what coverage I have though ...I might have gone with the cheapest possible.

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well we paid less when our old cars were paid for and we didn"t have to have some extra coverages that we have with our new car. But it just doesn't make sense to keep raising our rates every six months when we have no tickets, accidents, nor do we drive alot. And it certainly makes me angry that just because other people go uninsured the Insurance Companies make us who are insured pay the uninsured premiums.

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I thought it was the law and you had to show proof of insurance when getting your DL?