Campbells Pork n Beans

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Von Jones, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

For the past three weeks I have been searching for Campbell's Pork n Beans because my grandson loves them. I have not seen them in Kroger at all. I've been to two different locations and all I've seen on the shelves is Van Camps, that other name brand and the Kroger brand. I know it's a little extreme, but I am thinking of calling the company or Kroger to find out what gives.

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I like pork and beans but I don't look for a particular brand. Van Camps or store brands are fine with me.

3. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Anyone ever had Grandma Browns baked beans? They are delicious. Can't get them in Florida so we stock up when we go north.

Campbell's should still be available. Only thing I can think of, maybe there was a recall and they pulled them from shells.

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought this to and checked online and didn't find anything about Campbell's but there was something about Van Camps, no recall though on either.

I've never heard of Grandma Browns how far north are you talking. I live in Ohio.

5. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

New York State. Google Sylvan Beach. We have a camper there. We go up May through Oct.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I really love pork and beans; but like Sheldon, I am not particular what brand it is, and the store brand tastes about the same to me as the name brands do. I don't even remember seeing that Campbells had pork and beans, except for the soup, which is a totally different item than the regular cans of pork and beans. I have usually had Van Camps pork and beans, but since the store brands are cheaper; I now just get those, and when they are on sale.
    As for the Campbell's bean soup; that was my most favorite soup when I was growing up (and even after) and I like to just open up the can and eat it cold right out of the can.
    Even the regular pork and beans I much prefer cold. I seldom even heat them if they have been heated up. Bobby likes his hot; so I try to get mine out of the can before he cooks them, and then he can heat up his portion.