Campaigning For An Elective Position

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Corie Henson, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The national elections in our country is set for May 2016 and at this early, there are those aspiring for the highest office to be campaigning already even if it is against the law. The so called infomercials can now be seen on tv. Those are advertisements that enumerate the good qualities and achievements of the aspiring candidate. The manner of those infomercials are like asking the people if they are worth to run for office.

My question is this. For those cabinet members with tv infomercials, who paid for that tv spot? Some tv networks charge $5,000 for a 1 minute spot. When asked, those cabinet members just ignore the question.

2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

It makes you wonder doesn't it? All that money is essentially being used to "buy" elections, when ordinary people can barely pay their bills! To make it worse, they don't want you to know where the money came from! We have the same concerns in America.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Election here is dirty, not only because of politicians but also because of the voters. In 1995, my husband's uncle ran for a city council seat - there will be 7 winners. In the early morning, people were already lining up the gate of that uncle. Fortunately or unfortunately, that uncle is rich with a huge lot and a big house. I saw for myself how those potential voters would ask for assistance on whatever need they could concoct - sports team, leaking roof, sick parent, etc. The list of reason is almost endless and for all we know, they are only there because of the opportunity.