Camera: Panasonic Lumix Zs50 Or Zs60

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Bill Boggs, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm looking at point & shoot cameras and wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience with either of these cameries? Panasonic LUMIX ZS60 or ZS50.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Good small digital, but too small for us. Don't plan on taking any nighttime photos with it or fast-action...….definitely not good for either.

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't any experience but I like to check things out. At the time of this Youtube video it was priced around $400 which I couldn't afford. But it is a nice digital camera.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Registered

Okay, thanks, Cody. Probably not what I wanted anyway. What camera do you have or what would you recommend? I appreciate your reply.

5. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Von Jones, thanks Von. I never thought to check these out on YouTube. I like a camera with dials instead of having to hunt and click eack setting. They are expensive for what it's got but was hoping to find one at about half that price. Thanks for your reply. I found it to be just what I was looking for.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

A couple of years ago, we gave our old Panasonic Digital to a photography school, because the screen on the back went out and our media card was getting old. So, we ended up finding a nice Canon PowerShot SX530 HS on sale at Best Buy. Bought an extra battery and got a lens protector online. Since we love to take photos, we bought the biggest media card available for the camera. This camera takes fantastic photos and HD video. It is suppose to be a "point and shoot" type digital, but with all the "bells and whistles" that are with it, there's no way this could be an easy "point and shoot" type.

Thing is, we had an old computer that the usb and media slots weren't working very well. So, had to get a new desktop computer. Just can't buy new technology and except it to work with old technology/computer.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh, Does the SX530 have any control dials on top of the camera?

8. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh, never mind, Cody. I found out what I needed to know. Thanks for your help.

9. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh Apparently you like the camera you have and I guess you would recommend it to someone who is not as knowledgablee as youi are. Correct?