Call It Meditation?

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Frank Sanoica, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Lately, my routine every day of shaving in the morning, and preparing in late afternoon for the evening, both of which involve my shop, which gets opened up, then shut down, is interrupted both times by sitting alone out on the patio, looking at the clouds, when there are some, or the deep blue sky otherwise, thinking back.......Now that I'm an old man, I realize I never took time to do this before. Maybe it's meditation, but I have always thought of that as a religious thing, but religious I'm just not.

I recall wondering about the clouds as a kid.......wondered why they are often layered with a flat bottom......guy I worked with at Sears, an aviation buff, explained that to me after a lifetime of pondering: the flat bottom indicates the point where the dew point temperature exists! Just musing now.......

Do you meditate or do similar quiet deliberation? Have you thought of it as meditation? Is it good for us, or wasting what valuable time we have left?
    Frank

2. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

I wish I could shut the voices in my head up long enough to meditate.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica, I wish I could what you are doing. Staring at the clouds and imagining things is a good way to unwind because you get alone by yourself in your thoughts. With my busy schedule now, I don't have time for meditation or simply being alone. But I love my present lifestyle that is quite dynamic because there is no dull period and the only time I get alone by myself is when I sleep. This reminds me of my husband's words some years back that his dream is to have a big land for a farm with a farm house where we can stay and sit on the terrace all day long, looking at the plants.

Yvonne Smith and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I know what you're saying Chris. My head is always talking to me too.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

When it comes to meditation..........
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I like looking at clouds but my mind is always planning the next step.

7. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

I love just spending about 10 minutes part of the day usually after lunch just thinking about nothing and relaxing. Taking in the ambiance.