Buried Knife Unearthed At O.j. Simpson's Estate Now Being Tested As Murder Weapon

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Granted, the story is from TMZ, but sometimes they do have the news, even though it's often sensationalized. It's kind of funny timing, since there was just a show on television about the case, but the knife was found buried on the perimeter of O.J.'s estate, years ago, by a construction worker. The construction worker took the knife out to an LAPD police officer who was working a private detail in the area. The officer apparently kept the knife for years, without turning it in, and wanted to have it framed to hang on his wall.

This is such an outlandish story, and the retired officer should lose his pension if it's true. The officer contacted a friend with the LAPD who was outraged, and the knife is now being tested to determine if it was the murder weapon. The chain of custody seems as if it would be an issue, and O.J. has already been charged and acquitted years ago for the crime. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I'm sure this will be another difficult period for the victims' families. http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/04/oj-simpson-knife-found-murders-nicole-brown/

2. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, the stories go on forever. I thought I remember reading that OJ made a trip to the airport and was seen discarding a bag into a trash container there. .. On second thought, maybe that was the bloody clothing they were talking about.

Chrissy Cross and Ruby Begonia like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I lived that trial, was obsessed with every detail. I've forgotten a lot though. I do remember my husband was in Russia on business and when the verdict came in of Not Guilty, I called him and cried.

Linda Binning and Ruby Begonia like this.
  4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Same here. I was at the office on verdict day. They let us all stop and watch on the huge screen in the main conference room, many of us even sitting on the floor. Huge gasp when the verdict was read. I'm STILL angry!

Mari North and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I probably have the whole trail on VHS tapes somewhere, I taped it for my husband since he was working.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

There were only 12 people in the whole world who thought OJ was not guilty.

7. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

My daughter said something about this a while ago... I'll need to check into it further! It's not just TMZ... it's been on Yahoo breaking news, too, so probably all over the news by now.

Uh... but I didn't hear the part about what actually happened with the officer... that *is* kind of weird and if it turns out to be true... wow. Like @Sheldon Scott said, only 12 people in the world thought he was innocent. And we know who they are. :(

8. Mari North

Registered

Me too, @Ruby Begonia ... worst miscarriage of justice I've ever seen in my life. The worst part was that smug look on his face while indicating "oh look, the glove doesn't fit" when EVERYONE clearly saw that it *did* fit. Grrrr.

If the glove won't fit, acquit. Good gracious, what a travesty!

Legal question... acquitted years ago... does that mean they can't put him on trial again for the same crime, even if the weapon has been found?

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Well, guess what @Sheldon Scott , Here is one of your dozen people who believe that OJ Simpson was innocent.
    While I do agree that it was a terrible crime, and I also watched the trial every day that it was on, I have always believed that he was not the one who killed his ex-wife and her boyfriend.
    The children were staying with her that night, and I just cannot believe that a father would kill the mother of his child when there child was right there and might wake up when it happened.
    I have seen a couple of theories that looked possible to me. One was the fact that the boyfriend was involved with some pretty shady people (mafia ?), and it was him that was the target of the attack.and Nichole was just collateral damage.
    The other possibility is that it was Simpson's older son, who was an adult, and apparently had issues with Nichole for one reason. If he killed her, then hi father might have taken the charge to protect his son, while hoping to be found innocent, since there was not enough good evidence to convict him if he had not actually committed the crime.
    Even if they found the knife and buried on Simpson's property, that doesn't necessarily mean that he buried it there. Certainly , his son could have done that, or OJ could have buried it while trying to protect his son.

I would have voted innocent for him if I were on the jury, too.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Husbands often kill their wives with children home, @Yvonne Smith . He was in a rage.

I also don't see his older son as the killer nor do I see OJ taking the blame for it.

@Yvonne Smith , what boyfriend are you talking about? Ron Goldman wasn't Nicole's boyfriend.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  11. Mari North

Registered

Well the whole thing is bizarre. I don't think I'd give him being innocent even the tiniest fraction of a percentage of a chance. Do you all know that even Kato Kaelin (Yeah, OJ's champion while the circus was in town) said that OJ pressured him to provide an alibi? THAT finally came out just four months ago.

If only they could finally get some justice for the families... it always bothered me terribly that the message coming out of the whole ridiculous fiasco was that if you're rich enough, you can indeed get away with murder. :mad:

Chrissy Cross and Bonnie Thomas like this.
  12. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

As for Ron Goldman, he had a clean past. There was nothing shady about him Yvonne, and he wasn't Nicole's boyfriend. He worked at a restaurant at the time of his death, wanting to open his own business.
    He was returning Nicole's sunglasses left behind at the restaurant when he was attacked. ..wrong place, wrong time.

OJ bought his way out of murder, with a less than stellar jury that was star struck.

Mari North and Chrissy Cross like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

14. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Mari North

Registered

Nope, I wouldn't have known her either! Do you know since OJ is in the slammer for armed robbery (can't stay away from those weapons, I guess, snark snark) if they could actually re-try him for this murder?

Is Chris Darden still alive? I think Johnny Cochran and Kardashian aren't... let me go check on Darden. Yep, Darden alive, Cochran and Bob Kardashian dead. Too bad... can't put them on trial now, too, for making a mockery of justice.

Ruby Begonia and Bonnie Thomas like this.