Burial Tomb of Ancient Celtic Prince Found in France

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is just an amazing find ! This prince lived about 500 BC, and was buried in the center of what is considered to be the burial mound and was buried along with his chariot (horses ? ) and a huge cauldron filled with a wine vase, and many other interesting items.
    The pictures are stunning and show details about some of the ancient pottery, and on the brass cauldron. They are still working on the excavation, and have not opened the actual tomb at this point.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...urial-chamber-reveals-stunning-treasures.html

2. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I've visited the famous excavation at Sutton Hoo in England, where an entire ship was found buried with the deceased, along with a great amount of treasure, which is now on display in the British Museum in London. Like similar discoveries, the extensive site was found quite by accident in a farmer's field.

It will be fascinating to see what else is uncovered at the French site.

3. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I'll be damned! I really like news about archaeological finds, as I find them really uplifting, but I never would have thought that such a huge thing would be found in France!

I really hope they will find more and more things at the site, and I hope they will keep us, wishful bystanders up to date.