Burger King Debuts Grilled Hot Dogs

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Arlene Richards, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

:)Burger King is ready to add another backyard grilling staple to the menu: hot dogs.

The chain is rolling out its new Grilled Dogs to restaurants this week, and they’ll be available nationwide by Feb. 23.
    Yahoo Food got a sneak peek at the new hot dogs, which are a custom 100 percent beef and spice blend made specially by Oscar Mayer for Burger King. The biggest difference between these hot dogs and others served at gas stations and ballparks around the world is that they are “flame-grilled” like the burgers at Burger King. They come in two varieties: Classic ($1.99), with ketchup, mustard, chopped onions, and relish (although any item can be left off; never forget: “Have it your way”), and Chili Cheese ($2.29). Both are served on a baked bun, which isn’t toasted.

https://www.yahoo.com/food/burger-king-to-debut-flame-grilled-hot-dogs-165923308.html

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  2. Arlene Richards

Registered

:D:pI'll take a Classic with mustard and onions!

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Love it especially when made with pure beef hotdogs! I think it's great that Burger King is having hotdogs too! We didn't get any commercials about it yet, so I'll keep an eye out for it too! Usually our prices are a bit higher than mainland prices. I finally got to see the poster for the 5 for $4, locally it's 5 for $5. It's okay for I understand it has to do with shipping costs to Hawaii, so prices are higher. Can't wait to see pure beef hotdogs at Burger King locally and thanks for the heads up!

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  4. Arlene Richards

Registered

Back in the 80s Wendy’s had hot dogs for awhile. They were GREAT – big, juicy, in a split bun. Yum. At the same time they had apple dumplings that were to die for! Didn’t last long, though. Darn.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Sonic has always had hot dogs though I never get them. I rarely eat regular hot dogs preferring the smoked sausage type. It's so quick and easy to make a hot dog at home and much cheaper too. I guess most people don't think like me because the fast food joints do a lot of business.

I have some hot dogs in the fridge, maybe time for one today.o_O

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I love Burger King! Beef hot dogs? I've had beef hot dogs before but not grilled. The taste didn't didn't thrill me too much. Depending on the size I'll get both and if I don't like it I'll give it to Johnny. He eats everything:).

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Hotdogs aren't high on my list. I never buy them to eat at home. Maybe once a year while a guest at outdoor bbq, I'll enjoy one that's been a ltlle blackened on the grill. There are other unhealthy things I like better so I eat those, instead. I did have a hot dog at Costco earlier this year, it was huge, came with a soda for 99 cents.

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  8. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Instead of hot dogs on a bun, I like to take Polish Kielbasa or other sausage cut to size, and put on a hot dog bun.
    Makes for a large and filling sandwich.

9. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Not a big hot dog fan myself. When I do eat a hot dog it has to be all beef. I also like the polish sausage in place of a hot dog. Having the hot dog available at the restaurant will give people more choices when they are looking for a quick meal.

Von Jones and Ruby Begonia like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't eat hot dogs at all, if on the rare occasion I do I buy the Hebrew National ones that are a little less sodium.

If I'm going to go to Burger King which I haven't done since my husband died in Fresno, I'll get something else.

He liked their chicken sandwiches.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  11. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't even remember the last time I went to BK or McD. Now, I want a BK chicken sandwich!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've gone through their drive thrus for my grandsons but I never get anything for myself. I will steal the bottom of the bag fries though. :)

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As seldom as I go to a fast-food place, I doubt that I'll be ordering hot dogs when I do. That would be a little like going to Five Guys and ordering a hot dog. They might have very good hot dogs, but there are better choices. I'm not totally against hot dogs but hot dogs are cheap and easy to make at home, so there seldom seems to be reason to order them at a restaurant. There are times when I'll get beans and franks at a restaurant, mostly when it is one of the daily specials, because that's not something I ever think to make at home. But if I were in the mood to make a hot dog at home, I'd rather have another kind of sausage instead, so that wouldn't be a hot dog either.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    Sheldon Scott likes this.