Browsers And Homepages

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

For some reason, I just can't get used to Safari..I don't know why. I have it on here, and my husband uses it most of the time on his home computer, but me? *meh*

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I got used to Safari at the same time that I got used to using a Mac, so it was all part of the same learning process. I prefer it to any other browser that I have used, including those made for Windows and Mac machines.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Bought my first Mac in 2015. My youngest son, since departed this world, was an Apple fan for many years and gave me half of the price for then computer for my birthday. I could NEVER go back to Windows. the son was so impressed with my selection that he went and bought one even tho he already had 2 Mac-pros.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrome is now behaving like Firefox. . What happens with these things ? Am using Edge right now, much faster at least..
    @Ken Anderson you have said before you have and use many browsers, does having so many downloaded to computer drag it down time wise?

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As long as they are not all open at the same time, it shouldn't be a problem. One of the problems with browsers is that they all hire people to write code for them and, since the browser is already there, they have to find a way of making themselves useful and that usually means adding stuff to it, which makes them top-heavy. I imagine that people also ask for stuff to be added, but every new thing added bulks the browser down. More than a decade ago, when I was using a Windows machine, Firefox seemed to be a comparatively slick browser that loaded fast and worked well. It was sort of the child of Netscape Navigator, which was itself better than Internet Explorer. Today, I have Firefox for Mac but it is one of the worst browsers I have. On the rare occasions when I decide to use a browser other than Safari, I will usually opt for Chrome.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

What app do any of you use on your phone for stickers on texts? Have tried several with no luck. I use an Android phone.
    Just was looking to have something different other than the ones on my phone...which do not work on this site at all.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

In the past few weeks, Firefox has been on my last nerve. With every Microsoft weekly "update" and restart, Firefox loses all my preferences. ALL OF THEM DAMN IT. :mad: After putzing with every setting, uninstalling/reinstalling, tearing my hair, manipulating settings, whining to Mozilla support, yadda, yadda... no resolution.

So today I ditched Firefox for Opera and kicked Google to the curb as my search engine. I used Opera a few years back but liked Firefox better; today I find I am liking Opera.

We'll see how this goes. :rolleyes:

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I downloaded an app for keyboard and emojis... But none of them work on here or anywhere else, on a site. Just works with text messages. Tried two browsers both state they do not accept insertations. What you all use to make them work on here ?

9. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered