Broken Toaster

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Kitty Carmel, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

We usually keep bread in the freezer and the toaster we have has a button for frozen bread which give a little extra time so you don't have to change the settings. I prefer toasted bread to for most sandwiches.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I keep my bread in the freezer, too. I'll look for one with that feature.

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't like bread to go in the freezer. I haven't had a toaster like that in maybe forty years. I've used a toaster-oven for toast. And speaking of toaster ovens, mine is maybe going out, it has certainly slowed according to my roommate. I mentioned that I was going to buy another and the next day my son came wagging in a new one. Its smaller than mine and something of a mickey mouse. I'm going to return it and get something closer to what we have. A toaster oven is a major appliance at my house.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  5. Shirley Martin

Registered

I'd rather have fresh bread, too, but if I don't freeze it, most of a loaf will mold before I can eat it. I'm too stingy to keep throwing away bread. :D 'cause hard times is a'comin'.

I've never had a toaster oven. I think they take up too much counter space. At least, they use to. I haven't looked at on in a long time.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

They do require more space but we're fortunate to have suffecient space to accommodate a large toaster-broiler. We've got a small house with lots of kitchen cabinets.

7. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

My mother always bought bread at the day old place and then froze it. She would also bake bread at times. We weren't that broke. I have an aversion to freezing bread because of this. That and doing floors on hands and knees.

I love fresh bread. My mother used to say fresh bread "isn't good for you" I personally don't know anything about that or believe it. The fresher the better.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  8. Shirley Martin

Registered

@Kitty Carmel , it may not be good for you but it sure tastes good. I don't know of anything that smells better than fresh baked bread. When I buy a fresh baked loaf, I open it and sniff just to enjoy the mouth watering smell. I still can't throw away most of a loaf, though. So I freeze it.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  9. Kitty Carmel

Registered

@Shirley Martin toasting frozen bread would probably be OK. I too would freeze rather than throw away if it were more than a couple of slices. If I wanted to or not!

10. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Shirley Martin

Registered

@Sheldon Scott , I looked at that toaster. It's way more toaster than I need.

I bought one at Walmart. Did y'all know they make digital toasters nowadays???????? All I need is something I can put a slice of bread in, push the handle down and have a nice golden brown piece of toast pop out a minute or so later. The only plain one they had was the Walmart brand one. It looked like the one I bought at Dollar General. This is the one I bought. I think it will be a good choice.

toaster .jpg toaster 1 .jpg toaster 2.jpg

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Kitty Carmel

Registered

I like that toaster @Shirley Martin I am still holding the lever down on mine.

13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

This is the cheapie one from the supermarket I bought just before Christmas to replace my more expensive colour co-ordinating one...and it's still working like a dream...

968e10f3-81c3-45f4-98d0-88861276f9d4_zpscnxhen9h.jpg~original.jpeg

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

Doesn't look cheap to me, @Holly Saunders . It looks purdy. :D I looked at some four slice ones but I only toast one slice of bread. I couldn't see paying for more toaster than I needed.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes it looks much more expensive than it was Shirley... but it was an unbranded supermarket one... and cost less than half the price of my other one which didn't work as well as this one..