Breaking: Shooting In Orlando Leave 50 Gays Dead

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Gary Ridenour, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

who is "whoever can" ??

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no idea, Gary. Whoever you think will take your guns away.

And I'm done. I promised myself not to even look in politics. I'm not against guns at all, just see things happening differently than you probably do.

3. Gary Ridenour

Registered

??? mine is for home defense. to protect mine and my wife's life against all intruder's. the Glock goes under my mattress for faster access. end of story

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Where did I say it wasn't? Your reading too much into what I posted. Basically what I've said is that I'm not anti gun or for doing away with any of the rights. I'm just saying the scenario Diane was talking about would not play out well in my opinion. I also said posting pics or anything on the internet makes you easy to find and it's out there forever. You would be surprised what pops up in one simple search. I just did a simple search on google and I see
    You are on a forum about audio stereo equip. I didn't look any further nor do I want to. I'm just saying I'm just a regular person on an ipad. Pictures anyone posts link back to where they were posted, usually. I'm sure you are aware of this. It's kind of random but I was surprised once to see what popped up for me. YIKES! :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

for some time I've been preaching that the most valuable guns one can own are the guns with no paper trail. Like, the guns your uncle, granddad or dad left you, that were bought long ago. And ammo. If stored right, it will be shootable for a long, long time.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane "dangerous government overreach."

"Dangerous" in terms of loss of personal freedoms means "less dangerous" to government, and it knows it. Virtually every country in which everyday citizens were disarmed by it's leaders wound up with many, many folks living lives miserably, or dead. Not just those dissenting. In Russia, the "least desirable, least productive" citizens were starved to death by use of contrived famines. Not talking a small group here and there, either: no one knows for certain, but most historians and scholars of Societal Mores estimate 20 to 30 million perished.

Just who would a radically minded dictatorial government want eliminated? The elderly, the sick, and the least productive citizens, first.

Frank

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Chrissy Page "will have better weapons than you"

This wouldn't be the underlying reason why weapons similar to "theirs" are the first to be "banned" by them, ostensibly with "Public Safety" expressed as the reason?
    Frank

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I didn't intend that quote for you specifically, but to the more general topic under discussion.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes Frank, but also in 1956 in Hungary when many revolted against communism (my husband being one) they lost, many were killed by the Russians. Many fled like my husband but many died and the the older ones that stayed payed the price for the failed Revolution against communism. It got even worse then. So, that didn't work out so well.

My husband was shot in the thigh but it wasn't life threatening and he managed to escape.

You can read what happened here, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_Revolution_of_1956

Edit: hyperlink didn't work this time, sorry.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In this country, before there was this country, more than two centuries ago, a lot of people died fighting for the same kinds of freedoms, and only a small minority of the people who were here participated, and not all were on the same side. Yes, it does end badly for a lot of people, and I certainly wouldn't look forward to it. Neither do I want to be a part of the generation that just gave it all up without a fight. You won't see me on the street waving a gun around, but neither will I willingly give them up.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's a different world now, Ken and that's the problem I see. You can't compare because the differences are so huge.

I can even imagine a scenario where another country would use the opportunity to gain control of the US. While we are killing each other, what do you think some of our biggest enemies would be doing?

Rubbing their hands together in anticipation....

12. Frank Sanoica

Registered

The Glock 21 is not too terribly popular, in part due to it's relatively light weight for use with the .45 Auto caliber. There are several "generations" of them, 3 or more, because of a variety of owner-voiced complaints. Some of those dislikes apply to all models and calibers, of course. Recoil is quite stout, but the high magazine capacity available is an attractive feature. "Double-stacking" those fat .45 cartridges requires a thick deep grip which many describe as "holding on to a 2X4". For large hands, no problem.

Early on, many Law Enforcement agencies adopted the Glock, in various calibers. Interestingly, since all use the "double-stacking" feature, this "squeezes" the sides of the plastic magazine outward, bulges them, making a full or partly-full magazine "stick" within the weapon, requiring it be forcefull pulled out if removal is desired or necessary. The cops were experiencing seriously dangerous situations wherein the magazines were stubbornly refusing to slide out. Thus came the Gen 2 model, having "Drop-free" magazines. They may be distinguished from the old type by the shape of the top opening of the rear face; the old were square, the new round.

Another problem of even mre serious nature surfaced in which the tiny locking member embedded in the plastic frame, which stops the slide in it's forward position, was breaking loose, with the result that the slide flew off the frame forwards, rendering the weapon useless.

But, please do not get the impression I'm "knocking" the gun; simply outlining things a prospective owner ought to know! Atone time I owned and shot 2 of them. .45 Auto caliber is an excellent self defense choice, in any event.

Frank

EDIT: No idea how my post got inserted in Gary's quote, but this makes more sense, I think.

13. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Chrissy Page My username and posts pop up in google searches for Ford Explorer items, from the Ford Explorer forums I subscribe to.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep, you never know where you'll pop up. It seems random but if someone has the know how and proper tools
    Probably everything could be found. When I come across something it's with no effort and sometimes even a surprise.

15. Gary Ridenour

Registered

that's damned straight

Frank Sanoica likes this.