Bread Sales

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Corie Henson, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Bakeshops in malls usually holds a sale at 9pm, that is to dispose of all the remaining bread in their display racks. We used to buy in one outlet where the bread is quite expensive and the 50% discount at 9pm is a good bargain. However, starting at 8:30pm or sometimes even earlier, there is already a long line. And since we would just buy a bun or 2 so we don't mind those sales anymore.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Guess the word spreads for bargains especially for food! Smart shoppers find great deals all around town! We have a bread thrift shop where you can get old pastries, bread and freshly baked bread for a bargain. If you bring your own bags for your purchases you get double punch for your card for a managers special, $1 a punch. When your punch card is filled you get to choose from the manager's rack a loaf of bread for just .25! Love's Bakery bakes all sorts of bread and pastries and sells them everywhere. Here is the site's url: http://www.lovesbakeryhawaii.com/communitynews.html

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

My town used to have a shop called the "day old bake shop". When stores in the area cleared the unsold bakery items from their shelves, it wound up there at a big discount. Unfortunately, they closed a few years ago.

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

We used to visit some of these back home. I haven't seen them down here, but the grocery stores do have their marked down section for bakery goods. It never occurred to me to check at places like La Madeleine to see if they sell their bread before closing, because I'm rarely over that part of town (actually a couple of towns over), especially at night, but I do love their products. Their breads are delicious, and one of my favorites is their tomato-basic soup.

5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

We use to have a store where you could get the day old bread at a reduced price. It did close, I use to get the snacks for the kids from the outlet store.

6. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

Years ago, we had a number of "day old" bread stores here in town, but all of a sudden they just dissapeared! It was nice to be able to go in and save on loaves of bread, pastries and such. In fact, we had three huge bakeries here in town and they have moved elsewhere, also. It was so nice to drive past them and smell the delicious bread baking. I really miss that and often wonder where they moved to.

Ike Willis likes this.