Brass Knuckles

Discussion in 'Guns & Weapons' started by Frank Sanoica, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

This came up on Yahoo this evening, a bunch of sources for these dastardly things. Look at this one:
    [​IMG]
    The place advertising it has dozens of different kinds, all sickening to me. Imagine a hopped-up punk seeking to rob you using something like this to "persuade" you?

I prefer a nice, carryable handgun......

See: https://knockoutknucks.com/collections/brass-knuckles

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica ...Texas just legalized the right to carry brass knuckles. Guess the ads for them will now be on going.

Bess Barber and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Really Gloria - that's shocking :(

Bess Barber likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes really...along with other gun laws.
    :(

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

:( Is right
    I've said it many times but it 'is' a crazy world we live in, if it weren't for crazy people, we'd be just fine
    Morals go out the window to earn a fast buck :(

8. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Were they legalized just because or was it court ordered?
    NY just legalized nun-chuks,switch blades and gravity knives, because the prohibition on them was found to be illegal.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Patsy Faye

Oh, pshaw, Patsy! Criminal activity exists everywhere, both where you reside and over here. It is constantly being compared with regard to extent as well as viciousness, in attempts to "prove" which place's laws are more effective.

My nephew's son collects big knives, swords, sabers, machetes, because he likes them. I do not believe he fancies himself a "mean rogue" because of that interest, nor do I think he would ever consider slicing anyone. He is not crazy because he likes big knives, no more so than the, er, eccentric who likes brass knuckles, though I personally find their concept to be disgusting myself.

I was surprised by @Peter Renfro 's post regarding the weapons mentioned. My own thoughts are: Nun-chuks are silly and useful only to one extensively trained in their use. Switchblade knives seem no less useful, to me, than any other pocketknife; give me a nice big sharp butcher knife and an assailant threatening me with his switchblade, and you can imagine the result. His knife: illegal, mine: found in every well-equipped kitchen, restaurant, butcher shop. Gravity knives, I have no idea what they are. Finally, that these implements were legalized in NY strongly suggests to me that Michael Bloomberg has lost much of his power there!

10. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I can see wanting a weapon to defend yourself, but what advantage is there to getting close enough to an assailant to use something like that? I think it's a totally ridiculous thing to have for sale when teenagers can buy them. This is way beyond busting someone's nose. What an awful gadget!!

Lois Winters and Frank Sanoica like this.
  11. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

In NJ, it is legal to collect certain weapons. Guns of all nature must have the firing pins removed if they are to be displayed and under lock and key of course. Certain types of knives and swords can be displayed as long as they too are under lock and key and dulled in every way. Some of these weapons have very intricate carvings on them and many have handles made of such things as ivory and also have gems embedded in those handles. For hobbyists.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Frank Sanoica likes this.