Both Classy And No Class Residents Living In Assisted Living

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

From my merely observing them and not yet knowing them all yet, personally, it appears that women have all the class. I haven't seen any ladies blowing their nose into a table knapkin. Ladies are definitely better groomed and dressed than men. I seldom see any men drinking wine with their meal but do observe some drinking beer.
    Rent and Care Fees are expensive and the same for everyone so individual net worth has nothing to do with how they present themselves.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So drinking wine with a meal is an indicator of "class?"

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Lon Tanner

Registered

No!! Only if the wine glass is held properly with the thumb and forefinger. Drinking wine from a coffee cup or paper cup is totally classless. People with class tend to enjoy wine.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Hahaha! You are too much Lonnie! Well. you don't have me included in your class assessments as I drink fine local $15 a bottle Rose of Cabernet on the scenic patio of Chateau de Madam Faetta Deslandes Deleau straight from the bottle. I only use a wine stem for high-class occasions and then hold it Southern French style. That is 3 fingers on one side with the thumb on the other with the little finger pointed out. The thumb and forefinger grip is tacky to us classy part French babes of age. The idea of a stem is so the hands don't change the temperature of the cellared wine. When using a stem, I always fill it so it rings to Bb using 432 Hz tuning. I seldom drink wine, but when I do I drink with style. Straight from the bottle or a crystal stem, Madam Faetta is a class act!!!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  5. Lon Tanner

Registered

I knew you were a class act Faye

Faye Fox likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Lon Tanner
    The men are uncouth probably because their spouse has passed and not have woman to make them change clothes, shave and sit up straight.
    No woman to whop them upside the head and state...Not at the table!
    Women on the other hand gussie up in order to feel better about themselves, they have manners and are on the look out for the few men left with class and um money- maybe.
    :D:p

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Can't have "Class" and drink beer? But, I do understand what you are talking about, Lon.

Actually, what I'm seeing more and more of, is men growing beards. Is that because they are too lazy to shave or what? It's funny how some Wyoming men have mustaches that grow over their upper lip. Actor Sam Elliott has that. Very thick and over his lip.

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Here is what I learned from this and other threads. Drinking beer especially from the bottle or can is unclassy at Lon's place, but drinking wine at a rodeo is unclassy even if straight from the bottle. Wine and beer are both classy drinks if drank properly for their setting.

I am headed out to the ranch store to get a new sprinkler head as I didn't notice one hadn't seated and whacked it off with the mower. I think I will try on a pair of Lane Plain Jane high shaft boots with the 2 1/2" heel while there and stop by the brewery and get a gallon growler of local "Full Bull" lager. Living alone, I can drink it straight from the growler thus cutting back on glass washing. I know it is low class but so is getting on my knees and digging up a busted sprinkler.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, Faye, I wouldn't say drinking a wine cooler is "un-classy" at a rodeo, but I have just never seen wine coolers at a rodeo. Not saying they weren't at the Beer Stand, but I didn't see them.

Now, I'm starting to wonder just what sports events would serve wine coolers, or even a mixed drink? I suppose at a baseball game. I remember, not too long after we arrived back here in Colorado, we attended a go-around of the Mountain States Circuit Finals at The Ranch here. Beer was served in a cup, but no wine cooler bottles were listed on the menu.

When my "heeler" and I would attend a Rodeo Dance, after a night rodeo, contestants and fans were only drinking beer. That's what I remember. We wouldn't stay very long, but did stop in. Just show the doorman our back contestant number and got in for free.

As far as Lon's place, I see nothing wrong with men drinking beer, but since he is a wine connoisseur, apparently beer, to him, isn't classy to drink. Especially in such a high-priced living area he is in. Just guessing.

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That just screams "Vicious Cycle!"

12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Who in the hell blows their nose on a dinner napkin?