My birthday contentment was almost destroyed when I arrived back from a visit with my son to find my Bonnie had managed to break into our pantry and snaffled a chocolate bar and had been chomping away on it. As any vet will tell you chocolate is toxic to dogs..specially dark chocolate and this Picnic happened to be made with deadly cocoa and caffeine.. Frantically I checked online what to do. I got some good advice from your American Kennel Club. That advice was to immediately contact your vet..which I did and our family vet said to get her to his surgery asap where we have to induce her to vomit without delay before the poison starts working on her system. After half and hour of releasing the toxic substance that lined her stomach..my Bonnie was out of danger and boy was I and my son relieved. Three hours later she was happily munching on her din dins.