Boeing 787 Dreamliner Incredible Takeoff

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Truly amazing! I recall Boeing doing this as a stunt during first public viewing of the new 787, but cannot recall if it was flagged QATAR. Any passenger within would likely never fly again! Watch it! Frank

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Hey it took off flying vertical! :confused::eek:I don't want to fly that way when a plane is taking off! I like a gentle take off. Whew, it went vertical....wow! Have you found any comments on twitter about the flight?

3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Krissttina Isobe "Have you found any comments on twitter about the flight?"

Truthfully, Krissttina, I would have no idea how to work with twitter, what it does, how it works, what it actually is. I am a throwback to the old days!
    Frank

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Don't worry about it. Maybe your wife might know about twitter.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have a twitter account.
    I rarely ever post anything on there, but I have found that it is a good way to find out news and follow politicians or even news people.
    I follow Donald Trump, and Greta Van Susteren because I like to know what is going on, and Greta does some great news coverage that is missed by some of the other news programs.
    I also follow a conservative news feed that gives me news without all of the liberal slant that most of the news media puts on it, and Rob Skiba, who often posts links to his religious videos that I am interested in watching.
    You can follow just about any person that you are interested in, and most well-known people in any area would likely have a Twitter feed.
    I check it maybe once a day, just to see what is going on.
    I think that some people use it to post personal news like they would on Facebook (are you familiar with that one @Frank Sanoica ?); but I don't post things, I just read it like it was a news site.

Joe Riley and Frank Sanoica like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Yvonne Smith Yes, I am familiar with Facebook, but do not correspond to it. As I understand it, it is not too much unlike a talk forum. Frank

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that Facebook is different things to different people. I only use mine to keep in touch with my friends and family; so the only things that I see on Facebook are things that they have posted. Someimes, I post pictures, or just an update on what is going on in our lives here.
    However, many people have hundreds (or even thousands) of people connected to them on Facebook. Since you can choose who you want to see information from, that is not as difficult as it would sound like it might be.
    I "unfollow" everyone except my kids, and then I just look on people's page to see what new things are going on with them.

Facebook also has groups for almost any topic you might have an interest in. Those would be more like you are describing as a chat forum, since there will often times be many people who belong to the group, and may post.
    Although, similar to a forum, many who belong only come and read, and never post.
    I belong to one that has old-time pictures of North Idaho, and that is where I found that amazing picture of the old logging truck that I posted a while back.
    So, there are a lot of different facets to Facebook, and you can just set it up the way that you want it to be.

Frank Sanoica and Joe Riley like this.