Blueberry Pie

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

Yum, that looks delicious, too. Golden delicious apples were on sale the other day, wish I'd seen that sooner! While I was looking at that, this caught my eye. I don't have white meat here right now, just some chicken legs I'm going to cook up after a bit, but I'm saving this recipe for next time I have chicken breasts. http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_fajitas/

4. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I checked the link to the recipe and the Pie looks pure delicious, mmm. ;)
    I'm not good at cooking, but I might try making it, on the weekend, thanks for the awesome share!

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

You're welcome, Helene, It sounds pretty easy. I usually only share easy recipes, because I don't have the patience or endurance for ones that require too much detail, or too many steps. I hope you make it, and would love to see a picture if you do, or at least let us know how it came out :D.

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We rarely eat blueberry pie not for anything else but because it is expensive. Since the main ingredient is imported, i.e. the blueberry, only few bakeshops sell blueberry pie. The most popular is the blueberry cheesecake that is usually bought as gift for a birthday celebration. I love blueberry cheesecake though and I buy whenever I have the chance.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

We don't have blueberries but just had some blackberry cobbler.

8. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm sure they're probably less expensive here than there, but they're still pretty costly here, so I don't get to enjoy them nearly as much as I would otherwise. Are frozen blueberries also expensive there? I actually got a small container of them (fresh) at a reasonable price the other day, so splurged. I think you could probably use part blueberries with something else like raspberries or strawberries, for a mixed berry pie, that would taste delicious, too.

9. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

There is an S&R grocery here where it sells fresh imported fruits like blueberry, cranberry, big strawberries, plum and the red cherries. Blueberries are not that expensive compared to red cherries which costs $30 per kilo. But still, blueberry is expensive at $15 because the seedless grapes costs much less, the same with the apples. From what I remember, I had tasted blueberries just once when my husband bought a pack for a sample. I like red cherries more than blueberries. But for the cheesecake, blueberry is it.

10. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

YUM! I love blueberry anything! Where I live, they're kind of costly, about $3.00 a pint, but we can grow our own. I love to make cobblers with blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. Mixing fruit and berries has always been a thing in my family. My father made awesome pies, using Strawberries and pineapple! BTW, when I was a child, we had wild blueberries, called huckleberries, in the woods around our house. It's really hard to find those wonderful things anymore, as the country has been replaced by subdivisions.:(