Blessings In Disguise

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Corie Henson, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Last Friday, my husband had to pick me up from the office and on his way, he was accosted by a cop. The car had stopped right on the pedestrian lane. My husband reasoned that people had blocked his way so he had to stop the car even if the traffic light was still green. In short, he was stuck in that area. But the cop was insistent the my husband had violated. Anyway, the issue was settled amicably, saving my husband from a traffic ticket.

Part of the conversation with the cop was the receipt of the license. My husband had presented his driver's license ID but the receipt was missing. The cop said that the receipt is important. Okay. When my husband came home, he searched his office table in the living room and there it was. We are both wondering why that receipt was separated from the ID and how did it get in the drawer. Anyway, that traffic violation appeared to be a blessing in disguise, to remind my husband about the license receipt.

What is your latest experience of a disguised blessing?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

First, what is a license receipt?

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The receipt is a piece of paper that indicates the amount of payment for the ID license plus other information like date paid, address of the licensee, etc. The cop said that you can have a problem if you don't bring along that receipt because the mere ID is not enough as proof that you are licensed to drive. We still have to clarify this issue for we don't think it is logical to require that receipt since the license ID has all the salient information about the driver.