Blessing In Disguise

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Corie Henson, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

One early Saturday morning In 2009, we hied to the car for our trip to the market. Since it's just a kilometer away, it is all right for the dogs to have a ride - 2 dogs, our housemaid, me and my husband driving. It was raining hard due to the forecast of typhoon Ondoy. The road is clear and we were in the market in no time at all. But in coming back home, we were puzzled by there was much traffic. In fact, it was not crawling but a standstill. We had no idea on what's happening. It was fortunate for us to be near a gas station so I tried to get in and I was able to park the car properly inside the gas station.

When I got out of the car, I was shocked when I saw the road to the direction of our place. It was flooded with the neck-deep water. It was a phenomenon to get flooded that fast. Until now no one could explain how typhoon Ondoy had flooded the entire Metro Manila in a matter of minutes. Wouldn't you say it was a blessing that we got stuck in the traffic instead of getting submerged in the flood?

I'm sure you have experienced what can be called a blessing in disguise.