Blackberry Cheesecake Bars

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

This looks like a pretty easy recipe, and I'm all about easy these days. I want to make them whenever I get to the store and can pick up the refrigerated cookie dough, raspberry jam, mascarpone, and ricotta cheeses, and some more berries. I've about eaten all of the berries I bought last time I went shopping. I always have jam or spreadable fruit on hand, but I don't have enough to make these. I'm sure any type of jam/spreadable fruit would do, but blackberry sounds good to me right now. I've made similar recipes with graham cracker crust or my favorite, shortbread crust, and strawberry and raspberry jams and also with marmalade, but I think for this one, the blackberry or maybe blueberry would be really tasty.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/blackberry-cheesecake-bars?trkid=ZFB715

Attached Files:

2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh wow! I think I've died and gone to Heaven! LOL I have got to make this recipe, hopefully on my next day off! I love any kind of berries, but blackberries are one of my all time favorites. I have been trying to find them in the wild for the past year or two, but I haven't had any luck. I think I will just plant my own vines.

3. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Like the idea and not that hard recipe to get done.

However I must say that when I read this thread, I thought "Cheesecake Bars" was a game for the Blackberry phone :D

4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I wonder if the cream cheese version of the cheesecake can be used in place of using the recotta and mascapone cheese. The reason I am asking is because I have made the cream cheese version of the cheesecake in the past, more then once in fact. The recipe is similar except for the cheess bein used. I like the idea of these being squares and its an interesting idea that sugar cookie dough is used as a crust. This recipe does sound simple and it does look good no doubt about that.

5. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh this looks like an amazing recipe to make, does it take a long time to do?