Black Mirror’s Bandersnatch

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Chrissy Cross, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Its on Netflix and it’s an interactive film.

I just started it so have no idea what it will be like.

Just wanted to start a Post about it...will add info as I go. I have no idea what it will be like except that there are diffrent endings depending on what you choose.

Guess it’s a movie and game merged into one.

http://collider.com/black-mirror-bandersnatch-review/

Rumors have swirled for quite some time now about a “choose your own adventure”-style episode of Black Mirror. It made sense. After all, Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones’ buzzworthy series is all about telling unique sci-fi stories with some kind of social relevance—usually the kind that makes you feel like garbage at the end of an episode. At long last, this “choose your own adventure” installment of Black Mirror has been unveiled courtesy of Netflix. It’s called Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, and it’s predictably twisted. But is it good? Is it satisfying? Well that depends on how you look at it.

Bandersnatch is set in 1984 and stars Dunkirk lead Fionn Whitehead as an aspiring computer game programmer named Stefan, who aims to adapt his favorite “choose your own adventure” book Bandersnatch into a groundbreaking video game. He gets the chance to pitch his take to a video game company called Tuckersoft, which is also where iconic game creator Colin (Will Poulter) works. Once he’s given the go-ahead, he sets about turning Bandersnatch into a game, but various obstacles—both internal and external—stand in his way.

PS...I have watched all the Black Mirror episodes and liked them....most are about technology and how it can go wrong.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My first choice was cereal.

His dad asked him which cereal he wanted for breakfast.

Think I’ll watch this later...I’m still in waking up mode. :)

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well, so far and I’m not far at all...all I can say is.....WEIRD.

Think this might take me all day.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know if "watched" is the right word to use, but I did experience it, and participated in some of the interactive options. It was an interesting idea, and pretty well done. I don't know what else to say.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I finished it...yes, interesting concept.

Especially liked the part where he said he felt like he was being controlled by someone on Netflix from the future since this was in 1984. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.