Black Friday

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Ina I. Wonder, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Have you guys seen the mayhem of this Black Friday. The TV is showing the long lines of people just trying to get through the door first. :eek: But when I looked or called the different places I'm interesting in about this "holiday?", they all are telling me that they are running their Black Friday through the rest of the month.o_O

I'm wanting to get my grandson a good decent bed to replace the air mattress he's been sleeping on since last March. But the prices are from $1,000, to $2,000, for good medium to firm mattress, and that doesn't include to bed frame either. Nor do they fit my budget. :(

I see some on Amazon, but it is to hard to know if the bed will meet my grandson's needs.

Do any of you have any suggestions. :)

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We never go out on this shopping weekend unless it is necessary. We just had to run to the Home Depot (we usually go to Lowes, but Home Depot is actually closer) and the Costco is near there, and the whole parking lots to both stores were just packed.
    For the next few months, there should be all sorts of good sales, @Ina I. Wonder .
    First there is the before Christmas sales, and then the after Christmas sales, and then the big clearance sales that happen in January and February. Just watch the ads for your local furniture stores, and you should be seeing some good specials for the bed. My daughter ordered her bed from Amazon and was pleased with what she got; so that is an option also.
    The Sleep Number people usually have some returns that are very low-priced, too, and that might be a good place to check. We used to get ads from them all of the time, and it would talk about the marked down and totally refurbished beds they got as a trade-in or a return.
    You can't get anything much more comfortable than a Sleep Number Bed, as you know......

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I think mattresses should NOT be bought online. It's one of those things, like shoes, that a person really wants to physically see and try on, before buying. We needed a new mattress and bought one online. Wife picked the wrong firmness and we ended up buying two foam additions at Walmart. Once opened up, the online mattress couldn't be returned. Like already stated, some things can be bought online, while other things just can't be.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.