Black Friday Sales

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Diane Lane, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I can understand the people that dont like it. Thankfully the crowds Ive been in were never hostile, in fact everybody was usually very thoughtful...always enjoyed talking to different people while in line.

Also have had people ask what you were looking for and if they had it and didnt want it would give it to you. Ive saved places in line for people. Once even had someone bring coffee from the starbucks in Target to a few of us in line...that was the one time we did the out all night Black Friday....one tnat we havent repeated, lol.

Also, my fun is just getting to spend time with my daughter.

2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Certainly Chrissy, getting out with our grown kids is always fun, no matter what the event. Mine won't go anywhere with me anymore since he re-married, boo to him! :confused:

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sadly I dont get too much time with my son as he lives in Illinois. Even when I do visit which is about twice a year, they have 3 little boys so time alone with just him is very rare. I did see them all at the beginning of october when they treated me to a week in Maui with them.

Also, my daughter calls me at least 3 times a day...my son calls about 3 times a year! They both love me though. :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Ruby Begonia and Ken Anderson like this.
  4. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane The Roku was the best purchase I have made...I just bought a 10 inch tablet for under $100!!! (W/camera!!)

Yvonne Smith and Diane Lane like this.
  5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Corie Henson Yes, people camp outside the stores for hours, and sometimes days, in order to get the 'door buster' deals, which are the really big deals such as several hundred dollars worth of savings on one product, etc. Some actually celebrate Thanksgiving out there in their tents and sleeping bags.

No, I was serious. That's what I went for. I needed ammunition, and figured that store's crowd wouldn't be as bad as some of the others. It was pretty bad. The customers were slightly better behaved, probably because it was a sporting goods store, and they assumed half of those in line were legally armed. I'd definitely prefer being in that crowd than the riotous crowds of hood rats (of whatever color) fighting over sneakers. Try Googling Black Friday this Saturday, and no doubt you'll see stories of people attacking one another over the last pair of Air Jordan's, televisions, etc. It's really crazy.

@Yvonne Smith I do the same, try to stock up on whatever I need. I wish I'd purchased more water when I was out the other day, so I could just hunker down here until after Thanksgiving. I even returned my library books and picked up another. Other than water, I think I'm all set for a while. The people here drive like crazy (I just posted in another thread about a drunk driver plowing through a palm tree and through a restaurant), especially when liquored up, and there are a lot of drunk/drugged drivers on the road this time of year. I don't need additional injuries.

@Ken N Louis I still have my eye on a Roku, but can't get one just yet. What kind of tablet did you get? That sounds like a good deal. I want to upgrade mine when I can, as well as my camera.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Corie Henson likes this.
  6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane, of course I believe you but I just cannot comprehend that thing about people waiting overnight in queue for the store to open during sales. We don't have that here because as I had said, sales here are mostly fake and for the real sales, the most you get is maybe 20% discount. But with what you said about saving some hundred dollars for one item, I would probably line up (seriously) myself. Our friend in Seattle had told us that they would be in the store before it opens. Their target are towels that they send to their relatives here in the Philippines. Some years ago, US-made towels are expensive here and it's a good gift for any occasion.