Birthday Lunch

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Kate Ellery, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We went out for lunch yesterday for my Hubsands birthday ( Adelaide ) We had arranged to go to a hotel with friends ,I looked at the menu and most dishes were fried foods which I don't eat, so I ordered a simple roast of the day..
    I was served partly frozen corned beef ( salted meat) which I ovoid due to being sensitive to salt which effects my BP .it was drowned in white sauce loaded with butter ...you could see the fat in it
    I promptly returned the meal explaining politely I didn't eat that type of food ..he them slammed a dish of greasy ( grilled ) fish with was floating in fat :eek::eek: in front of me .To save any emrassement for the couple dinning with us I scrapped a little of the fish off the top and ate it .....Well within an hour I was ill repeatly burping the taste of the fish ..hours latter at home I'm still tasting that lunch ..Now how many of you would class salted corned beef as a roast ...the male serving seemed to think that's a normal "roast " there must be something wrong with "me" because I thought a roast was roast ,beef, Chicken or lamb ..with brown gravy:eek:

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I would never class Corned beef as a roast...we serve it cold here in the UK , or heated and chopped up in a Hash...but I do know that in parts the USA corned beef is cooked like we cook a joint of beef kate , but I'm surprised you had it served up in OZ as a 'roast''...your lunch sounded disgusting, what a shame,,and on your hubby's birthday too :eek:

3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I will never go there again ,it' was totally disgusting :eek: if we had been alone I would have said more ,but I didn't want to create any issues in company ..:eek:

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think you should go back there.........................................................................................................................

ask to speak to the manager and tell him or her what happened and why you won't be eating there again.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

We never pick a new restaurant, when eating out on a special occasion.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

What a sad thing to happen on a happy occasion, sorry to hear you didn't have a nice time. Well happy birthday to your husband. Hope you have a better time next time when you go out. How about the salads or fruit cocktails? Many people have sensitivities to foods so be careful. Take care!

Joe Riley likes this.