Biorhythms!

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Richard Paradon, May 15, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

While waiting for the sun to rise I was surfing the internet looking for something fun to post here. It did not take too long to find what was very popular in the 70’s and so I thought I’d stick it here.

Biorhythms! If you want a source of how you are today, you don’t have to bother with the daily horoscope in the newspaper. Just put in your birthday, today’s date (or one in the future) and you can quickly find out if you should get ready for a great day or hide in bed!

For me, although I am trying always doing something fun everyday, I better spend the day in bed for sure…all three rhythms are at their lowest!

http://www.degraeve.com/bio.php

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I put my information in for today and if I read it right today was a good day. Now that I think about it it was an okay day.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  3. Richard Paradon

Registered

Today my intellectual is at its lowest (true, as I had to spell check) but the rest of me is fine! LOL, I am tempted to put in a date 10 years hence and see if I am still around!

4. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

It's been so long since I've heard of biorhythms that I'd forgotten there was such a thing.

Having a quick look, I'm starting to wonder if there's some truth to it. To quote one line from the page, "Surgery should be avoided on physical transition days and during negative physical cycles." My Dad had surgery on the last day of a negative physical cycle and suffered a stroke the next day, which shows as a physical transition (or critical) day. Had the operation been postponed (which nearly happened), perhaps he'd still be with us.

5. Richard Paradon

Registered

Sorry that your Dad passed but to make the biorhythm valid in this case, the entire surgical team would have to be checked as well. I just see it as a fun thing to check once in awhile.

6. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Richard. You've got a point there. There were certainly a couple of blunders along the way, so I guess you're right about needing to check the surgical team too. It would be really difficult to put together a team who were all on the positive side on a given day, and surgeons would have to take a lot of days off if they could only operate when their biorhythms said it was okay for them to do so. But if biorhythms aren't valid, what happened to my Dad is a really nasty coincidence.