Bigfoot / Sasquatch / Yeti

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Ken Anderson, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, that is in the video, too. They were searching for him for a long time, it appears, and it does not say exactly how he was lost, just shifted from one place to another apparently.
    At least he was eventually found and rescued, and able to live out his life in a sanctuary and properly cared for.

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

For there to be a Big Foot there would have to be a breeding population of "Big Feet". That's the same argument made about the Loch Ness monster as well. A long lasting myth requires it since nothing lives forever, but the story is a lot of fun anyway. Locally we have the Suscon Screamer, a something that lives up the mountain and in the woods that can be heard screaming on occasion. There's another story about a UFO landing in a pond because a light could be seen shining in the water at night. Turns out some kids threw a lantern in the water as a prank.

Bess Barber likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Given the non-stop admonitions from the media and people in government to trust the science and respect the experts, I guess I am going to have to suspend my disbelief in Bigfoot. I am watching a Bigfoot documentary that features a woman who was introduced as an expert, and who holds credentials as a primatologist and an anthropologist, and she has analyzed the data and has concluded that Bigfoot is real. So, if you don't believe in Bigfoot, I don't want to hear you rambling on about science and trusting experts.

Tony Page and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Uh-huh, she refers to herself as a scientist too, so the science is settled. It might seem like a whole lot of nonsense to me but I'm not an expert, so who am I to question it? Bigfoot is real!

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

[​IMG]
    "I only wear this to protect you!"​

6. John Brunner

And don't they have The Jersey Devil right next door to you? Been around since the 1700s.

Tony Page likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Every time these idiots - oops, I mean Bigfoot investigators and scientists - come across a fallen tree, they are convinced that Bigfoot must have knocked it over.

"Do you see that? What do you suppose could have knocked this tree over?"

Wind? Rain? Soggy soil? A bad root system? Frost? Age? Insects? Trees fall over all the time. A better question might be...

"Why do you suppose Bigfoot would have knocked that tree over? Was he drunk? Did he stumble against it in the dark?

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

Pretty strong bladder would be my guess. Probably propelled him backwards 15 feet.

Tony Page and Ken Anderson like this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Now they are mystified because something moved one of their trail cameras so that it pointed in a different place, and they're telling stories about someone having one of their trail cameras torn off the tree. Seemingly, they can think of nothing except Bigfoot that would be capable of doing something like that. "In order to move the trail camera, it would need hands," one of them said.

What utter crap. When I put trail cameras on trees on my land up north, I have to enclose them in metal cases because every large animal that comes by messes with them. Black bears have attacked my cameras, one of them scratched its back on one of my cameras, and moose poke at them with their big-ass noses. Even the squirrels mess with them. The camera is something new in their woods and they want to see if they can figure it out, and if they can destroy it, so much the better.

10. John Brunner

Wait a minute.

Are you telling me that Bigfoot can shape-shift into being a bear, or a moose, or a squirrel???????
    Well, them buggers may be all around us!!!!!!!!

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.
  11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I too would like Bigfoot to be real. Dr. Jeff Meldrum has the largest collection of Bigfoot footprints & claims they are real. One of the problems is there are too many hoaxes, with CGI, Ape costumes, and poor photography you can spend a lifetime on YouTube looking for a picture you can trust.
    why are most of the searches on TV done at night? To me there has been as many sightings during the day as at night. why are they so noisy and with bright lights? I don't know if any of you remember Mark Trail he was a naturalist, and Observer of wild animals who wrote books and had a newspaper cartoon. one of his first lessons to observe animals in the woods is to be quiet, find a place to sit stay in one location eventually the animals will come out thinking you're part of the scenery that was his trick.
    Back in the 70s I had the opportunity to see the Minnesota Iceman, he was on display in the mall where I work, he was supposed to be Yeti or small Bigfoot. the specimen was shot through the eye and encased in a block of ice. I tried my darndest to get a good look at this creature, however with the haziness of the ice and the cracks it was difficult to see. the parts that I did see look to me, like rubber.
    One of the DNA testing that came back showed more human characteristics then a gorilla. which puts it closer or more like us then the gorilla, however because it was a poor sample there is a chance it's human.
    maybe it's wishful thinking but with all the sightings, footprints, terrible photos even if 3% are real then there's a possibility Bigfoot exist.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Yeah, these people have a show to do so they never shut up.

Tony Page likes this.
  13. John Brunner

@Tony Page Man, you sure dredge up memories. I remember Mark Trail. Very educational stuff.

Tony Page likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Now they're seeing lights on a ridge and are referring to them as orbs, and talking about how orbs are associated with Bigfoot sightings. UFOs are too, by the way. To me, the lights look exactly like what they probably are, a couple of people with flashlights on the ridge. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, these might be people who are messing with them, as I would imagine plenty of people might do if they learned that someone was filming a Bigfoot video. I'm sorry, but I am an incorrigible science denier.

Tony Page likes this.
  15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I always say I live for my memories so I have to make good ones.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.