Biden Gaffe's Begin Anew

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bob Kirk, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Lulu Moppet
    See, I view things differently, regarding pomp, appearance, presentation, fake vanity, appealing public delivery, criminal activity whether proven or not. State of being matters to me more, far more. Our country has now the lowest unemployment rate in many decades, spanning almost a slew of presidents' tenures. Is our economic status today the result of chance? Or, perhaps, as some will inevitably claim, the long-term effects of Obama's efforts? Or, is the President's activity within the overall picture not an effective gauge of effectiveness?

Possibly the only other President as forward and forthcoming as Trump was Jimmie Carter. Certainly a man of less brashness, but deemed mostly honest by even the opposing Party. I highly regard honesty. However, results of performance are equally important, and Carter's achievements were hardly noteworthy.

Now, nearly everyone believes the media is controlled by the prevailing degree of power in Washington, that degree exercising it's abilities through sheer numbers of supportive politicians, nearly all acting out of cadence with the President. Thus, why should I throw commitment and support to the Mongrel Media? And, why do you? Likely because your own mindset knows no other way to maintain it's position. As I've said many times before, I personally have little use for ANY politician, support NO party in any way, and really could not care less if the sitting president were an alien not of this Earth. Results are what move me, not immersing myself in the slime with everyone else.

And, why do you modify your excoriation using this: "Yes, Frank, Horseshit is an excellent adjective for Trump." followed by this: :) ?

Frank

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

"Gotta go for now. See you guys later, I hope. :)"

The Smile is for all of You!
    as in:
    :) Seniors Only Club :)

4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I'm pretty sure Trump said all those things.
    It's this unique attitude which makes him special.
    I like him. I plan to vote for him in 2020.
    One day this book may be in his presidential library.
    I will buy you a copy my friend.
    download (84).jpeg
    @Shirley Martin

Frank Sanoica and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Bess Barber

I was severely reprimanded for presenting the following on that other forum. Maybe even contributed to my expulsion therefrom. Found it humorous then, and still do:

[​IMG]

So perfectly descriptive, located along a busy freeway, drunk holding a bottle, scrawny dog puking on the sidewalk. A luridly accurate portrayal of the individual!
    Frank

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

"Over there" doesn't allow political posts, @Frank Sanoica . Was that rule in effect when you were there?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Beth Gallagher
    I don't believe so. There was plenty if mongering going on all the time, especially the politics of Canada vs. U.S.
    Frank

8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The Donald has become too much like himself...he should back off and be more Pence-like.

Hal

9. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

I think our USA society has gotten so seriously screwed up and a$$ backwards until they almost deserve the wrath of Trump. :D

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Wow. Just... wow.

"Former President Barack Obama has reportedly expressed doubts to former Vice President Joe Biden about his bid for the 2020 presidential nomination. Obama gently urged Biden against running, but the former vice president said he felt he had an obligation to take on President Donald Trump, according to a New York Times report.

Obama reportedly told Biden's advisers to not let the former vice president "damage his legacy" along the campaign trail."

FULL ARTICLE

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

This month alone, Biden mistook New Hampshire for Vermont even though the sole reason he was in that part of the country was the first-in-the-nation primary, which is famously not held in Vermont. He said RFK was assassinated in the 1970s. He said he couldn’t remember the name of the British prime minister in the midst of bragging about his foreign-policy chops. And he speculated about what it might have been like if Obama had been assassinated.

Former Vice President Joe Biden joked to his New Hampshire supporters that he isn’t “going nuts” following a string of campaign trail gaffes, the latest in which he forgot the location of the Dartmouth College building where he delivered a speech on Friday.

“I want to be clear, I’m not going nuts,” the Democratic front-runner said later that day. “I’m not sure whether it was the medical school or where the hell I spoke, but it was on the campus.”

12. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

@Beth Gallagher Do you think he could possibly have a preliminary alzheimer condition? Not that it would be his fault, but certainly would be a reason for him to disqualify himself. The memory mistakes he makes are a little over the top, especially for a seasoned politician and public speaker.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I don't know, Bess. I'm sure the strain of campaigning and being under constant scrutiny would make anyone misspeak on occasion. What I found interesting today was that the Washington Post actually called him out about the "lies" he told about the soldier declining the medal when he got that story mixed up. Seems like the MSM might be turning on ole' Joe and promoting another Democratic Darling.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'd just like to say that in my opinion, Biden's biggest flaw is that he is too quick to apologize, which makes him seem weak. Personally I prefer a president with strong beliefs who is not afraid to express them whether I agree with them or not. It gets my goat when a pronouncement is made, followed by a cry-baby outcry from social media whiners, and then an apology is made. :rolleyes: Good grief, you are running for President of the United States. Tell 'em to stuff it.

Al Amoling and Frank Sanoica like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

During the debate last night, Biden could not seem to answer a simple question about the legacy of slavery. From Yahoo.

When debate moderator Linsey Davis asked him: “What responsibility do you think that Americans need to take to repair the legacy of slavery in our country?”

Mr Biden began by addressing “institutional segregation” and discussing his track record, as well as the need for social reforms, before making several controversial statements that sparked outcry online shortly after the debates on Thursday night.

“Look, there’s institutional segregation in this country,” he said. “And from the time I got involved, I started dealing with that. Redlining, making sure that we are in a position where – look, talk about education. I proposed that what we take is those very poor schools, the Title I schools, triple the amount of money we spend.”

“The teachers … have every problem coming to them,” Mr Biden continued. “We have to make sure that every single child does, in fact, have three, four, and five-year-olds go to school – school, not daycare, school. We bring social workers into homes and parents to help them deal with how to raise their children. It’s not that they don’t want to help. They don’t know quite what to do. Play the radio. Make sure the television – excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night.
    :confused: