Biden Gaffe's Begin Anew

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bob Kirk, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember when Biden was telling the story of needing to sell the family home because of medical expenses for his son and Obama
    pleaded with him not to sell his home and offered to give him the money. Biden's 2014 joint return AGI was 388,844. 2014 Obama's joint return AGI 477,383.

For me, that story was about Biden not being able to handle his own finances.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Emma Smith
    And Trump supposedly is donating his Presidential salary to charity, as Obama, while in office, became a very rich man......just as did Bill Clinton. I actually dislike 'em all.
    Frank

Bess Barber and Emma Smith like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

August 10 2019--Bloomberg) -- Joe Biden said he was vice president when the deadly high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, took place. Except, it happened in 2018, more than a year after he left office -- the latest gaffe by the Democratic presidential front-runner.

Biden told reporters in Iowa on Saturday that “those kids in Parkland came up to see me when I was vice president.” But when they visited Capitol Hill to talk with members of Congress, lawmakers were “basically cowering, not wanting to see them. They did not want to face it on camera.”

Bess Barber and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

And Biden is supposed to be the democrats best hope to become our next president. Oh well!!

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Speaking at the Iowa State Fair on Thursday, Biden suffered a minor slip of the tongue, saying: “We choose truth over facts.”

He also briefly confused the late British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Biden had previously conflated Thatcher with one of her successors, Theresa May.

6. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Beth Gallagher At his age, having a few memory farts is understandable, him running for president.....is not. :p

Frank Sanoica and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

But there is something to be said for pure entertainment value. :D

8. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

"I'm not a schmuck. Even if the world goes to hell in a handbasket, I won't lose a penny."

"You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p**sy. You can do anything." —in a 2005 interview with "Access Hollywood"’s Billy Bush.

"You know, it really doesn't matter what [the media] write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass."

"Let me tell you, I'm a really smart guy. I was a really good student at the best school in the country."
    While threatening all schools he ever went to NOT EVER release his grades.

Oh nuts! Excuse me. These aren't mistakes made by Trump. These are truths from the heart, if he has one.

AND, neo nazis ARE fine people! He said so after they chanted "Jews will not replace us."

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Same ol' sh-t, warmed over and served up again. Y'all really must find something new to smear him with. This sh-t is getting old.

10. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Shirley, Were these words spoken by Donald Trump or not?
    Simple yes or no answer!

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

To quote Hillary, "What does it matter, now?"

Those quotes have been quoted and misquoted so many times, they have lost their shock value. Y'all really need to find something new to smear him with.

12. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Lulu Moppet
    As I see it, you have a problem with a person who "shoots from the hip", speaks his mind totally openly and freely, (if foolishly), and talks outwardly in a way almost identical to America's rank and file (no pun intended on "rank") way of talking.

I personally have no problem with that. My friend and co-worker, in agreement that when interviewing prospective employees in a highly technical venue, we didn't care about their personal habits, appearance, or even attitude, if they could get their job done expediently, acceptably, and beyond expectations. We set no hard rules for arrival and quitting time, requiring only that our unusual standards not be "milked" to their advantage.

Know what? It worked! They worked their asses off in return for decent treatment.

Such is the world of Trump, I think. He has a horseshit attitude as well as personality. But the job is getting done.

Frank

13. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin
    I am sure something will be found, real or made-up, as the slime continues to spread across the media daily.
    Frank

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Their best technique is to edit sound bites so that the message is obscured and taken out of context. :rolleyes:

15. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Same shit, Shirley, different day. Don't have time now to give you the absolute latest, watch something besides Faux and you'll see for yourself.