Biden’s First 100 Days, And Beyond

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Shirley Martin, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As I stated in my first post in this thread, I’m not about being ugly but truthful. Thumbs up or down on whatever Joe and Harris do in the first 100 days .....and beyond.
    Ya see, during the last administration we had folks coming on board saying this and that but nothing definitive. It was all about hatred for a man but no one actually said anything.
    As an example, one gentleman put down some comments about Trump and I systematically proved each bullet incorrect with all the proof he needed but in the end, all of his vile remarks and cursing was all about his hatred for Trump as an individual and had nothing to do with the Presidency.
    One other man, a teacher who left the forum, came off saying some pretty nasty stuff about Trump as an individual but again, it had nothing to do with his presidency. After asking him to write exactly what he hates so much about that presidency he wrote, “you’re boring”.
    Attempting to insult me doesn’t do any good and certainly didn’t do any good cursing about D. Trump with no reason for doing so.

Kinda like your statement which I provided a nice ‘small” link for you to peruse. Your statement simply wasn’t true and I proved it but ...nada. crickets.
    In short, your statement was all about Trump bashing and nothing more.

What the OP (and I) wish to accomplish is a sort of biography of sorts of the next 100 days with Biden at the helm. Give the man kudos for accomplishments and and thumbs down for failures.
    That way, what has happened here in the last four years will not happen again.
    Everyone can come on this very thread and read what Biden has done; good, bad or indifferent. Simple and no real need for bashing.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is a page from Joe Biden’s website that talks about restoring Obamacare. I don’t think that he has been able to do that yet, so we have to just wait and see what happens.

https://joebiden.com/healthcare/

Also, Biden has stopped the order from President Trump that forced big pharma to sell medications like insulin and epipens at cost to low income people who needed medication to stay alive.
    Once he raises all of the medication costs , then he would be able to start offered great the “Medicare for all” option that they have long talked about doing.

https://trulytimes.com/biden-pauses...-insulin-prices-for-low-income-americans.html

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    Martin Alonzo and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

One thing to note is that Biden Promised to rescind ALL of Donald Trump’s 220 executive orders. Here’s just a few of them from 2017 and let’s see if Biden really, really wants to do what he promised he is going to do.
    FCB90974-789B-4271-9DA8-8CD031C4080B.png

Attached Files:

4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

And a few more from 2018
    5F881106-5493-4435-A38A-CBDEA0756BF5.png

Attached Files:

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

How bout a few from 2019?
    D413733F-94F6-478C-8FC3-EF27F19B48A3.png

6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

And 2020....
    736D5AFF-39FA-48CF-B81F-D4BD9D6EF9F7.png

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

By the looks of it I’m giving D. Trump a pass on quite a few promises made and kept but the above executive orders are what Joe Biden said he would rescind which goes back in the flow of Biden’s first 100 days. Will he or won’t he?
    How would it help his administration if he does?

Note: The previous pages are not Complete but to complete them would have taken at least 4 more posts.
    For a view of ALL 220 executive orders that Biden said he would rescind......
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_executive_actions_by_Donald_Trump

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

One of the points I made in my original post is that voters in Georgia were told that if the voted for Democrat candidates, they would receive a check for $2000. Buying votes. Is that voter fraud?

They are unhappy because it seems that they will only get $1600.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It’s sort of a tongue in cheek way of buying votes. The problem with it is that D. Trump already had another stimulus check in the wind but as we have already seen, a lot of people just do not pay attention to the details.
    Joe Biden’s voice saying that he’d give his voters another stimulus check is all that was needed for those on the edge to vote for him but as I wrote, thus far there is nothing that Joe has done that comes from his own initiative. Another stimulus check was already on the way and only now needs a signature but most certainly, the Dems are having a hay day stuffing that bill with so much pork we could all have a bar-b-que.

I guess one could argue that ditching D. Trump’s executive orders are his idea but I cannot believe that. Why else would Obama, who was against Biden running for the Presidency suddenly start stumping for him if there wasn’t something in it for him?

11. Yvonne Smith

It is not just the Keystone Pipeline where people are losing their jobs, but also in states where drilling for oil has been stopped. Besides oil, coal and gas will also be affected by this EO, and some companies are reporting that when they try to cal DC, they are told to wall back “in a few weeks”, or they just don’t get and answer at all.
    This Associated Press article helps explain how people in New Mexico are suffering, and that it is also bad for neighboring states.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-new-mexico-us-news-coronavirus-pandemic

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Biden has also signed an executive order demanding that all schools who get federal funding will have to allow gender diversity, and boys will be allowed to participate as females in girls sports, and also use their locker rooms and bathrooms. This will affect all public schools everywhere, and probably most colleges, because they receive government money, too.
    All parents and women’s rights groups should be up in arms about this edict !

A3FF101B-5128-4EDC-8C44-A0ED52CE75CD.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Biden and Kamala going for a walk last Friday in the 30+ winter temperatures, and the grounds all looking like spring. Why no coat ?

70CA5324-3052-4677-9414-BFD7117F9187.jpeg

14. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

It's going to be war and Trump isn't done yet. I think Biden will fare better than Obama did
    but he's got some rough ground to hoe. I'm gonna beat the rums slowly and see what comes
    out of the woods.

15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Why not six feet apart?

Gas prices have already gone up here. :(