Been Away A Couple Of Weeks

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Kitty Carmel, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I have no delusions that I was missed. :)

Had a cold. Is it me, or do colds throw me worse than they used to. Took me way over a week to feel better. I didn't go to the gym to walk for two weeks. I've been back this week

Cats in for yearly exam and respiratory vaccine. Both had reactions. Calico sneezing and my poor tabby threw up for 1/1/2 days, didn't eat and had two episodes of diarrhea. When I got home after work Sunday, she seemed better. I was afraid to feed her but she ate and has been fine since. I did call and talked to the vet. I don't think I'll have her get this vaccine or perhaps any besides rabies (which I have to legally since this strictly indoor cat living in an apartment in town is a great risk) It's the law I get it.

On an up note, the horrible scheduler at work is gone! Good luck in her new job as long as she isn't where I work. I'm supposed to work 8 days a month. Last was 9 then she scheduled me 10 for March. I spoke to the new scheduler and she took me off the two days. She seems like she'll follow through with what she says and is more honest.

So for now, I'm back again.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kitty Carmel
    Well, sure glad to hear! Yes, colds or flu seem more difficult to shake as we age, for me anyhow. Interesting about the cats and rabies vaccinations. We have been without one, or pet of any kind, for that matter, since our 2 passed away back in Missouri, about 2008. After having a kitty around most of my life, it is lonely without one.....
    Frank

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am glad that both you and your kitties are doing much better again, and that they survived the reactions to the vaccinations. I remember reading that, for puppies, when they get the puppy shots, it is the same amount regardless of the weight of the puppy, which can be deadly for puppies of toy-sized breeds. I would think that cat vaccines might be a little safer since they would be for cats, which are all mostly close to the same size.
    There have been a lot of colds and flu going around this winter, it seems like.
    We always miss people when they are gone, @Kitty Carmel ; but you do not always post every day, so it is harder to know if someone is sick or just busy.

4. Kitty Carmel

Registered

Thanks @Frank Sanoica Yes, this cold thing seemed different than in the past.

I didn't know you didn't have any pets at this time. I don't know what I would do without mine. I'm just glad they are feeling better or my poor tabby would have been back at the vet. My sneezing calico kept eating but I was really worried about the tabby.

5. Kitty Carmel

Registered

Thanks @Yvonne Smith No, I don't post daily. Which brings the thought: has anyone heard from Denise Happyfeet? I haven't seen her in ages here.

I wanted to report the reaction to the vet for an additional reason, that there could have been other reactions and I wondered about perhaps a bad batch of vaccine. The vet said there hadn't been any other reports. Since the cats are indoors only, I think I'm going to stick with the required by law rabies only at this point. Due in October and I'm worried already.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As far as I know, @Denise Happyfeet is doing okay, Kitty. She has not been on this forum for several months, or on the other senior forum for a while either; but she is one of my Facebook friends, and she is still posting stuff there pretty much every day.
    Denise is one of those people who will come to a forum, post everyday for a while and then just dropout for a while; so as long as I see her posting on Facebook, I do not worry about her most of the time.
    Hopefully, she will come back and visit with us on here again one of these days.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Kitty Carmel

Registered

Thanks for the information @Yvonne Smith regarding Denise. I'm glad to know she is doing OK and is around someplace. :)

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Nice to see you back Kitty, great news about the horrible scheduler, I've been on the receiving end of one of those in the past too, so it must be a relief not to have to deal with her ever again ...and yes I agree with Yvonne about Denise.. she is fine, I speak to her quite regularly..

Kitty Carmel and Yvonne Smith like this.