Beautiful Filly Snuggling Up With a Girl

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have been around a lot of horses, and foals can be spooky or friendly; but this little darling is especially friendly. I found this on Facebook, and wanted to share it.
    Even if you are not a "horse-person", it will bring a smile to your face.

Lara Moss likes this.
  2. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

How cute!! I used to keep horses, and know the importance of bonding with foals as early as possible, it makes "breaking" so much easier, both on you and the foal.

However, I would be worried about teaching it to want to roll around on top of you. This behavior is fun when they're little and only weight 100 pounds, but when full grown, it could be dangerous.

We had a foal one time, and my husband would rub his nose, and put his nose up against his chest and they would play "push", pushing each other around. It was really cute and fun when he was little, but he continued to do that even after he was grown. You had to be really careful, because he would come up to you, put his nose against your chest and shove. If you weren't paying attention, you were apt to go flying across the paddock!!

3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

What an adoreable video. This little foal obviously loved this little girl and she see to love the foal as well. It was cute how the other horse was just standing back observing the whole thing. I would like to thik that the older the foal gets it will understand that it can't be jumping on the girl like this. But then I do have a dog who despite being a bigger then he was when he was a puppy still wanted to jump on us and this isn't a small dog by any means.