Beatles In Las Vegas 10th Anniversary Of Love Theme Show

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Krissttina Isobe, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Just saw in this evening's news on KHON our cable number 3, that Beatles Paul Mcartney and Richard Starky went to Las Vegas for the Cirque du Soleil's show of Beatles themed show Love. Tickets to see the show to The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil.

Joe Riley and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Krissttina Isobe We attended Elvis Presley's nearly last concert at the MGM Grand in 1969. He had just "cut" "Suspicious Minds" before that, and no one knew about it. He performed it declaring this was a new song of his. It was tremendous! I had secreted a recorder in my wife's bag, got the whole song! Highly frowned upon. No one knew.

In 1969, I still had not imagined the dream of living in Vegas. In 1972, after much searching of alternatives to living in Crook County, Illinois, I took over an ARCO service station in Vegas. 7 months before the infamous Arab Oil Embargo! Anyhow, I was very privileged to attend quite a number of top-name performers concerts. Back then a good dinner show set you back under ten bucks, Prime Rib and all the fixens was my favorite.

Life is sweet now. It was sweeter then. But, who knew? Frank

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have an office mate named Arvin who went to Tokyo last year (or the other year) to watch Paul McCartney's concert. He brought along his wife and his young daughter to the concert. As he narrated, he was unconsciously crying when the music started. He only got to know of his tears when his daughter asked why he was crying. Arvin said that he is willing to spend again if ever there would be another concert like that.

But take note that Arvin was not born yet when the Beatles became popular. He just loved the songs of the Beatles.

Frank Sanoica likes this.