Beating The Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 23, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Now you remind me, Al, I recall you saying that.

It boggles the mind.

Don Alaska and Bruce Andrew like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There is a great deal of ignorance within the healthcare community, as in many cases they must "drink the Kool-Aid" to stay employed and get paid. Doctors are flooded with information and they are not really equipped to follow the data, even if they do have the time somewhere in their schedules. It is just easier to accept what the government is saying and not have to think about it. Medical doctors have little understanding of many things--everything from immunology to nutrition--while they are well trained in giving drugs to people to treat symptoms.

Bruce Andrew and John Brunner like this.
  3. John Brunner

When we sit in the room with our doctors, there's the presence of their corporate employers (in many cases) and the lawyers (in all cases.) I cannot imagine what their daily lives must be like...such a strange way to earn a living. I had a close relationship with my last doctor primarily because he went to a concierge program (MDVIP) so got rid of the obscene patient load (went from 2,400 patients to 600 or so.)

Regarding giving drugs to treat symptoms: there's a lot of truth to that, but there's also a component of Demand-Pull in the mix. My last doctor was big on recommending saltwater gargles and sending me to the local pharmacy to get menthol crystals for a stuffy head. Interestingly (being a nephrologist) he did prescribe HCTZ (blood pressure med) for my kidney stones because it suppresses excretion of calcium.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Don't get me wrong. There is certainly good ways to apply drug therapy. I just don't think the entire world should be on statins, and the pressure generated on doctors to give drugs advertised on TV is disgusting. If it isn't available OTC, it shouldn't be advertised to the public at large. New drugs should be publicized in medical journals and monographs sent to physicians, where the benefits and side effects can be clearly explained to providers, and the, in turn, can educate their patients on those medications.
    I have now seen the Administration is considering publishing only the number of Covid hospitalizations. They have used the number of cases to inflate the numbers, but now it is making it look as though Biden has totally bungled the Covid problem that he slammed Trump for not dealing with. He criticized Trump for not having adequate testing available, but, guess what, testing is still not adequate a year into the new administration and the cases reported are skyrocketing. As I said before, most of the Covid Omicron cases are asymptomatic, but the hospitals are filling up with influenza patients. The solution is to change the reporting method to make it look like Biden is "saving America" from the virus.

John Brunner and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree. My doctor told me outright about a month ago that he gets his Covid info from the CDC. When I asked him why people who already had Covid were being forced into vaxes, he said natural immunity didn't amount to much.

It's been a decades-long creep, but especially in the past two years doctors have become de facto government employees. At least they're not armed government employees -- yet anyway. ;)

And the creeping combination of a socialized/fascist system of health care is pretty much solidified now also.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

One treatment for covid that is easy to get and proven good for most lung infections is Hydrogen Peroxide 3% solution mixed with a saline solution H2O2 1 part to 20 saline solution nebulized for 5-10 minutes it also helps from sinus to the lungs killing pathogens. This is easy to buy anywhere.

7. John Brunner

Along those lines, the issue of doctors asking about someone's gun ownership status under cover of "family health" rears its ugly head every now and then.

Bruce Andrew and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Bruce Andrew

Registered

Yes I keep waiting for that, but it hasn't happened yet to me, nor anyone else I know.

9. John Brunner

Me either.

In my county I think answering "No" might make you suspect. The only reason my doctor would ask is if Corporate required it.

Don Alaska and Bruce Andrew like this.
  10. Bruce Andrew

Registered

Yes, same here.

My doc is (or was?) a pretty cool guy. About 55, I can talk to him like a normal guy, he goes on fishing trips with his father and his boys. He would never ask me a question like that unless he had to.

I've been going to him since 2004 and I've seen a change in him during that time as the system sucks him in. In the last few years he's "moved up" and has some big-wig job in the hospital two days a week.

11. John Brunner

I was gonna ask if his practice was part of a larger system. At some point, people get sucked in to position-protection mode.

I mentioned my last guy was a member in a concierge program. I've been thinking of finding someone here who is in that same program...they would still be in independent practice. I just don't know if I want to spend the money. I'm not certain what the current fees are.

Bruce Andrew likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

My doctor told me that she is supposed to be asking that question but she doesn't.