Baths Of Budapest

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Frank Sanoica, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

As a rule, I value natural scenic beauty above that of Architecture. But, the Old World buildings' size and splendor have always struck me as magnificent; this article fills that bill! We have one member who may especially like it. I note in reading that on "same-sex" days, bathing suits are optional. Can that mean.......?
    Frank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

K E Gordon likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me for this segue. This bath topic reminds me of the olden days when my father would bring us to the nearby province of Laguna where there is a hot spring swimming pool. The water is warm although sometimes hot depending on the supply which comes directly from the underground hot springs of a dormant volcano called Mount Makiling. Aside from the hot spring swimming pool, there are cubicles that are being rented by aged guests who soak their body for hours in the belief that the natural warm water is curative of ailments particularly rheumatism (arthritis was still unheard of during those days) and muscle pains.

So while the oldies are in the cubicle, the youngsters are having a good time in the swimming pool. By the way, the water in the cubicle is hotter than that in the swimming pool.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been to a few of those while I was in Hungary. Once when my sister was visiting we went to the inside hot healing pool or bath and almost every woman was naked but we kept out clothes on and nobody looked at us strangely but we sure had a few giggles at some. :) Not out loud of course, sometimes just a quick eyeroll.

The one has a very famous old hotel near it but I've not stayed there mainly because of lack of AC.

The hotel was the Gellert. They have a beautiful outdoor cafe with views of the Danube.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    K E Gordon and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I didn't know they had baths in Budapest, but you learn something new everyday! I must admit that is one thing I haven't done. I would love to soak in a natural warm bath. There are some not too far from here in Berkley Springs West Virignia, they have them, and also Hotsprings in VA has them, and I think they are available at the Greenbrier resort as well. I think it would be a kick to soak in a natural hot bath. The ones in Budapest look awesome. Think I would skip the "naked bathing part" too though Chissy Page!

Chrissy Cross likes this.