Baseball Trivia

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

• In 1999, Fernando Tatis of the Saint Louis Cardinals became the only player to hit two grand slam home runs in the same inning.
    • Cal Hubbard is the only person who is in both the baseball and football Halls of Fame
    • Pitcher Phil Niekro holds the record for having the most wins (318) without ever appearing in a World Series. He played twenty-four seasons, mostly with the Braves.
    • Eddie Matthews is the only ballplayer to play for the same franchise in three different cities, playing for the Braves in Boston, Milwaukee, and Atlanta.
    • When Cy Young started pitching, the pitcher stood five feet closer to the plate than today. He also had to throw underhand. Cy Young didn't wear a glove during his first few seasons.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Frank Sanoica and Sheldon Scott like this.
  2. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Member
    Registered

I'm from back east, but I've lived in Southern California for the past 73 years.

I never liked Los Angeles acquiring the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1958.

To this day, I'm always glad to see the Dodgers lose a game!

The Brooklyn Dodgers should have remained in Brooklyn!

The Dodgers got their name from the residents of Brooklyn always having to "dodge" the trolley cars while crossing their streets.

Hal

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 11:10 AM
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No ground ball could be gotten past Ernie Banks and Gene Baker, playing infield for the Chicago Cubs!
    Frank