Back In Huntsville, Alabama

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Joyce Mcgregor, May 14, 2017.

1. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I got back to Huntsviile and am no longer in the nursing home My friend, Yvonne, and her daughter Robin, came to Mississippi to get me. Thanks to the hard work of my daughter, Suzy, I have enough money to move into the little efficiency apartment that Yvonne found for me. it is small, but just right for me

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

So pleased for you ! :)

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Great news!!

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

May your new "Home" be filled with love, joy, and peace @Joyce Mcgregor :)
    basket-poem3.jpg

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Joyce Mcgregor

Registered

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

That's fantastic news Joyce you must be sooo happy... I wish you all the best in your new home..

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

After you're settled in, we want to see your smiling face in a couple of pictures in your new home. I'm so happy for you. :)

8. Joyce Mcgregor

Registered

I am really looking forward to getting settled in. I will make sure you get pictures.

Ina I. Wonder and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Evelyn just take it one day at a time, and remember to enjoy your blessings as you go forward. :)

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm glad things are working out for you.

11. Joyce Mcgregor

Registered

I am just doing what I need to do to get settled. My wonderful daughter who lives in S Alabama in Brewton bakes breads, cookies ect and sells them at the Farmer's Market there on Saturdays. This last Saturday she put out a donation jar labeled "Help Save My Mother!" and between her bread sales and the donation jar collected over $1000 to help get me into the apartment that my friend Yvonne found for me. Now, I really did not need saving actually (once I got here) but this is going to make it possible for me to move into my own place sooner. I really do appreciate what she and the town did to help me. It was the best Mother's Day gift ever.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Wonderful!

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It is time to add a new chapter to this story. Over the past year and a half, Evelyn’s health has been getting worse, and she has had to go the emergency room a couple of times, and she now needs her walker almost all of the time to get anywhere, and even then, it is hard for her to get around.
    I bought a step-stool to make it easier for her to get in and out of the vehicle when we went somewhere, and always loaded her walker up as well, for when she got out and needed to walk anywhere.
    Her daughter in southern Alabama realized that her mom needed to be with someone where she could have more constant care and someone around all of the time; so for the last several months, they have been working on getting their house set up for Evelyn to move down there and live with them.
    Today , they drove up early this morning, rented an extra van to help move Evelyn’s belongings, and they are now on the way back south again.
    With all of us working to get the vehicles loaded, the moving went fairly smoothly, and there was not any heavy furniture that needed to be moved.

I will miss our trips to the thrift store and out for “girls’ lunch time” together, but I am really glad to know that my good friend will be no longer living alone in her apartment, should she need medical assistance in a hurry.
    Even though she could call me, and we are only a few blocks away, I still worried when I didn’t hear from her each day, and now I know that she will be enjoying life with her family and someone there to keep her company.
    Since most of you shared the story of her rescue from the nursing home, I was sure that you would also be glad to have this follow-up sequel.
    (Of course, @Chrissy Cross already peeked and read the end of the book, so she knew what I was going to write.)