As You Grow Older, Are You Still Interested In Learning New Things?

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I learn something new almost every day. For instance, I just learned in the cooking thread that if I place a cake pan inside another one, the cake layer won't rise too much in the middle. I'm certainly going to try that next time.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Differing thought is a good thing if you can remain friends and be civil in the discourse.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I learned a lot seeing this. Fascinating.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

We discuss everything, Shirley. We are adult enough to respect one another's opinions and beliefs. This is a group of well traveled and educated people.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

It is easier to do so in person where the debate is usually not as easy to walk away from so people tend to try harder to understand others' views. Online attention span is a lot shorter it seems. I noticed this especially on Face Book.

Lois Winters and John Houlihan like this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Gowing older is like going to a Farris wheel ride, fun going up scary when you're going down.Up's and owns,.

9. Mary Stetler

Registered

Today I read a tour group brochure than mentioned a tour to the Sistine Chapel. I thought $159 was a good deal to go to Italy. But actually, high tech copies of Michelangelo's paintings from the chapel are being exhibited, close up and personal in Green Bay. I guess they are touring the country. I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to study them when there is no way I will be going to Rome any time soon.
    We went down to Chicago, years ago, to see King Tut's wonders at the Field Museum and were 6 away from the entrance when they closed the doors. travelling for study has its drawbacks.:rolleyes:

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm part of a Facebook Cowboy Channel (Roku) Fan Group. We talk about PRCA rodeo action all of the time. I just joined another group for the upcoming National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas.

Some things we are very interested in learning/discussing and some things definitely not.

Yvonne Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Registered

So, what new things are you learning?

Ken Anderson likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, when I watch an old western tv show and recognize and actor/actress, I research them and learn what other shows/movies they've been in that I've seen before. I find out if they are still living or gone. On the old Gunsmoke series, there is only one member of that tv show that is still living.

I seen a young girl on a western the other day and she is now 85 years old. However, no longer acting.

Actually, I'm not much for learning, but I'm great at discussing. And, if that discussion is about something I really know a lot about, like professional rodeo and/or farming.............look out, the expert has arrived! LOL

Von Jones likes this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Cody, you seem to be a one trick pony, rodeos, [ uou know I'm joking with ya,right]. But if it makes you happy then I'm happy for you. And,

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

I'm very interested in learning, but it is harder now. My mind wants to wonder,

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m not playing mod Marie, I’m trying to protect my butt but sadly, quite unsuccessfully.
    If I went along I’d get criticized by my wife and since I said something I got into trouble with you.

One thing I LEARNED many years ago is that a man can rarely be right with one woman but will never be right if there are two involved.
    There are some things I want to learn and some things I had to learn just to keep some semblance of sanity.