Arthritis Pain

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

What do you do/take to help with your type of arthritis pain?

I get osteoarthritis pain in my one shoulder that I had surgery on in March 2015. From the results of an x-ray and MRI, I have "some" osteoarthritis in the shoulder. Well, sometimes it's NOT "some", it can get bad enough to need a pain reliever. It's not serious pain, just the "annoying/achy" type.

Currently, I'm trying 3,300 mg (6 capsules twice daily) of Rose Hips. When I seen my ortho surgeon last month, he told me that it's another vitamin supplement for arthritis pain, but, after 4 to 6 weeks, if I don't notice a lowering in pain, don't order any more and try something else. I told him that I don't want to take 800 mg Motrin/ibuprofen daily for the rest of my life. Doesn't appear the Rose Hips are helping, but will give them a couple more weeks. I'm also currently looking into drinking Green Tea (instead of a cup of coffee), using Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for cooking) and eating more broccoli. These have been proven scientifically to decrease arthritis pain.

Wife gets some arthritis pain as well. It's been so hot/humid here that, on the weekends, we can't hardly do anything outside for exercise. This last weekend, it was 92 degrees w/79% humidity. Can't move from here yet, so have to put up with it.

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I have arthritis and especially bad in my hands, I've just started taking rose hips too, guess they take a while

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

How many mg are you taking daily? The amount is suppose to make the difference during the first 4-6 week period of taking.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

I've just been to the cupboard to get them and not there !
    Where are me rose hips !! :eek:
    I drive meself mad - where the hell have I put them !!
    I'll have to get back to you - bloomin hell !

Yvonne Smith and Diane Lane like this.
  5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I cook with olive oil and drink green tea most of the day. I've never noticed any difference regarding my arthritis pain. Then again, i have that combined with other pain, so maybe the other pain is worse than the arthritis pain, so perhaps 'm not a good candidate to establish their efficacy. I hadn't heard about taking rose hips to help with arthritis pain. When I encounter that with some jingle in my pocket, I'll pick it up and see if I notice a difference.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh - well I nearly tipped over the edge there Cody, thought I'd truly lost me marbles
    Found them ! After 3 cupboard searches and elsewhere - they were in the obvious place !
    They are 5000 mg - phew ! :p

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

5000 mg each? How many do you take on a daily basis?

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

I'm taking one a day at present till the cooler weather comes, then I'll try 2 capsules

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

That will be 10,000mg daily, then. I'm pretty sure there is a mg daily limit to take. What is the max that the bottle says to take? I read online that after a month or so of taking a high daily mg, a person is suppose to reduce the daily mg taken.

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

It says up to 3 a day ! I wouldn't take that much Cody - I think it best to work up to a bit more of a dose
    So one a day then later 2, see how that goes.

11. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I was just recently diagnosed with RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) in the early stages and sure feel it on getting up in the morning. The stiffness last for a couple hours until I get going and move around.

Ike Willis and Holly Saunders like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I just noticed something this morning and it made me think.

This morning when I got up I was kind of achey for a minute or two and that's happened a few times at home recently.

At my daughter's I jump out of bed with no aches or pains....why?

13. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

I know I should try other things, but ibuprofen gets me though a work day.
    I did notice that if I dial the number up real high on the bed, I can get out of the bed in the morning-not roll out.:)
    Sometimes it scares me the 'canyon' next to me in bed. How does she have it so soft?
    That 'Number' bed is the best thing to happen in our house.:rolleyes:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

When I wake up in the morning with pain in any part of my body, it's always a realization that I'm getting old and that sooner or later I may be experiencing the pains particularly that of arthritis. I had a former colleague who used to complained of severe pains due to arthritis and he even said that there were times he was wishing to be dead just to escape from the pains. The way he talked, the arthritis attacke sounded so terrible. Worse, the pain is there every morning and would last until lunch time.

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

The number bed sounds nice, Tim.

I want one:)

I used to like soft beds when younger but now I like them firmer but not real hard.

Ha ha, I was trying to write this without sounding too x rated. :)