Are Your Interests Different From Your Family?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Guess none of the newer members want to say.

Ken, you would know.........have I done this thread before???

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Just search for your own posts. I'm sure Ken has better things to do.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I know, without a doubt, you really don't like me and that's fine. But, I was talking to Ken, not you!

Now, if he wants to answer me like that, I'll understand.

You know, Beth, you are making it more and more difficult for me to stay with this forum. You do know that, right?

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe, just maybe she is suggesting that you don't presume that Ken has nothing better to do

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I neither like nor dislike you, so you can stop projecting. And don't try to put a guilt trip on me for one of your upcoming dramatic exits. Stay or don't; all the same to me. Put me on Ignore; your problem is solved.

And if you're "talking to Ken", maybe you should use the " @Ken Anderson " so he would see the post. He doesn't read every post every day.

Mary Robi and Ruby Begonia like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, buy my "projecting" that you don't like me can/does outweigh the "like me". Just saying.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, Thank You, Yvonne, for merging the threads. I honestly couldn't find the other one. Again, thanks for both you and Beth for helping me with this.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

See, Beth, I included a "thank you" to you in my response to Yvonne merging the two threads. IOW, I'm not really so bad after all.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

While we may address our comments to one person in particular, such as when we are replying to something that someone has said in a forum thread, the threads are not private conversations - we have another feature for that - and anyone is welcomed to reply to anything that is said here, as long as the replies are otherwise appropriate.

If you are replying to something that one person has said, you could use his (or her) name to avoid confusion or quote the section of the post that you are replying to.

It's also probably not a good idea to assume that someone doesn't like you because that tends to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. For most, it's easy enough to disagree with what someone is saying without disliking them for saying it. That goes along with the idea of discussing topics, not people.

There have been forum members who believed that I didn't like them because I tended to disagree with them in the Hot Button Issues area, and one of those was someone who left the forum in a huff just before I was going to ask her to be a Greeter, which makes me glad that I hadn't asked her to be a Greeter. But, I disagreed with her mostly on political stuff, but I enjoyed her posts. Not everyone who disagrees with you hates you, and not everyone who isn't interested in rodeo hates you. In fact, I think it's fair to say that probably none of them do.

Most days, I get up late. I eat breakfast, play a game of cards with my wife, do the dishes, take out any trash or compost that might need to be taken out, feed the cats and if there's anything that I want or need to do outside, I do that before I get online, so I am usually not here until sometime in the afternoon.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Redundancy is exhausting.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, Cody, the secret is to stop reading about it or at least stop reporting it to your wife if it upsets her so much. And you're, what, 72 years old now? Isn't it time to pass beyond the "my mommy's gonna come beat you mean old bullies up if you don't stop talking to me like that!!!!" schtick? Good God, dude, either leave or stay but don't bleat on about it for years...…...

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

The major difference between me and my family is religion. My daughter is a full time employee of a large church working as a Children's Activity Director. All family members are active in the same church. They would love for me to join them but know it will never happen This poses no problems. They go Their way and I go mine.