Are You Sheltering In Place? How?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

How many people die of the flu every year? From opioid abuse? Heart disease? Cancer? Car accidents? Stroke? Diabetes? Compared to a host of other things, COVID-19 is a piker, and that's even if their numbers were believable, which they are not.

As for showing his papers, I only bring my wallet with me if I am driving or plan on buying something. Otherwise, I leave it home. I can't imagine why he'd need it to play stickball with his daughter in a park.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry Ken, but I do and don't understand what happened. I, like yourself, wasn't there to see exactly what was said and why.

3. Ken Anderson

No, I don't. But I can't imagine anything that would justify three cops bothering these people. While I am coming to believe that the stay-at-home orders are more about control than about the virus, if we are to entertain the idea that the virus actually warrants such precautions, then these cops violated the whole idea of the order by approaching this family. These people were a self-isolated family unit, exposing no one to anything and being exposed to no one until the police inserted themselves into the picture. If it is important for people to remain a distance from one another in order to control the virus, then it was the police who were at fault. If it is not important for people to remain a distance from one another, then there's no point to any of it. How many people did these cops come into contact with? Now they've passed all that on to this family.

It's not just Colorado, though. That's the problem with laws that are made by executive order, or due to media pressure. Since there was no real sense to them, to begin with, the police can't be expected to enforce them reasonably. In Michigan, people are being cited for doing yard work in their own yard, or for letting their children play in the backyard. In North Carolina, churchgoers are threatened with $1,000 fines for attending a drive-in church service, where congregants remain in their cars, and the audio is supplied by radio, much like the old drive-in theaters. By the way, the cops had masks but most of them had them pulled down over their chins. Some other dumb-ass cop cited a woman for not wearing a mask while driving alone in her car. In so many of these cases, if the point is that people should not come near enough to infect or be infected by another person, the police were the only ones in violation, and the ones putting others at risk.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It seems like the governor of Michigan has gone way overboard with the rules she has developed for people living in Michigan. I read a couple days ago that some parts of stores like Walmart are closed, and you can only buy “essential items’, like groceries; but if you need a new pair of tennis shoes , then you are out of luck. You have to order those online.
    Next, she said that people can buy foods, but not seeds. Seeds can actually be bought with food stamps; so if some thing can be bought with food stamps, it should be considered as food.
    Then, I saw where she was banning fresh meat. I guess the latest thing is that some people who work in meat-packing plants have gotten sick, and they are now being shot down. If this is true, (and it looks like it might be), then we probably won’t be able to buy fresh meat anywhere soon. After that will probably come fresh produce, for the same reason.
    Now, she has said that people are not allowed to buy an American flag because of the shutdown. What kind of idea is that, for heaven’s sake ? You can order a flag online, so why ban the purchase of one ?

EC8705ED-53CE-4E96-BF79-9BCA80E4DF74.jpeg

5. Ken Anderson

Democrats all over the country are using this virus as an excuse to ban everything they don't like, regardless of whether it makes any sense whatsoever.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I understand that Whitmer along with such notables as Stacy Abrams, Kamala Harris, and some other ignoramus are in the running for Biden's VP. You have to be a female in order for Joe to consider you.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Some guidelines for social distancing.....

E120D2B4-F750-450D-AE4A-A79205618DA2.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Shame on you.

Nancy Hart and Frank Sanoica like this.
  9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Why am I being shamed? Is it because the women chosen are stellar examples of intelligence or what?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

It's because you didn't mention that Biden likes little boys, too. ;)

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson

"A lover of children,
    is cherished by the best of men......."............

Frank

Al Amoling likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Sheltering in place with pets......

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Reminder, I live in the now infamous state of... Georgia. :rolleyes: :p :)

This week traffic seemed back to normal here if you take into account that many university students have gone back to their homes for good. There are quite a few foreign students who are stuck here, but I don't see any students around the neighborhood, except those walking their dogs and lone joggers.

I shop at a grocery store that is right on the county line. City folks have stricter rules than the country folks apparently. Very few customers were wearing masks on last visit. None of the employees have ever worn masks. They do have a plexiglass shield between the customer and the checkout person.

Normally I get along well with young people, but they have some bag boys at checkout that are real jerks. They are always making smart alec jokes and horsing around. Now, when some are not busy they all stand shoulder to shoulder talking and joking like they are enjoying all this. Maybe it only takes one leader to be a jerk and the rest follow suit, at that age. It's embarrassing to wear a mask there, but I'm going to do it from now on, and give the jokesters something to make fun of.

It will be interesting to see if the Ila restaurant has reopened this afternoon. It is more of a social gathering place, but they have good food too, buffet style.

upload_2020-4-25_12-53-21.png

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know that Biden likes little boys and iu don't think you do either, but I sincerely apoligize. You have every right to say anything you want, not only because it is a conversation forum, but because it is your forum. I know that many rumors spread on political people, but I believe most are made up to make certain ones look bad, on both sides. But that's beside the point. I let emotions get the best of me and I''m sorry.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  15. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

"James James Morrison Morrison Weatherby George DuPree
    Took great care of his Mother, although he was only three.
    James James said to his mother: "Mother", he said, said he,
    You must never go down to the end of the town, if you don't go down with Me!"

Hal