Are You A Gambler?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, May 19, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm amazed at how many people don't believe in the God of the Bible. And while I do respect your right to believe whatever you do believe I also find myself wanting to ask you this question.

Are you a gambler? You do understand that by believing in God you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain...but in not believing you have everything to lose and after you die there will be no chance to change your mind either. By choosing to not believe (for whatever reason) you are folding that winning hand that God has freely given you. That Jackpot of salvation and eternal life will never be yours because you did not recognize its value.

Some of you aren't sure the God of the Bible exists but do you really want to bet your life that He doesn't? There are others who feel God and church was crammed down their throats until they felt suffocated and they now don't want anything to do with Him or church...or what they now call religion. Others believe that God let someone they loved die or suffer or God didn't answer their prayers or give them what they wanted etc...so they don't believe in Him. Then there are those who think they are to intelligent to believe in God, or they need more proof that He exists, etc. There are plenty more reasons people give for why they don't believe in God or His Truth written in tbe Bible but what I find so amazing is that so many of these people who say they don't believe...have never even opened a Bible to read and study about God and His Truth.

Everyone on this Forum is at an age where they may end up meeting the God of the Bible real soon and if you keep on gambling by betting your life that He isn't real...then when you do meet Him face to face...it will be to late to ask Him if you can now have that free gift of salvation and eternal life that He so wanted to give you while you were still alive. Now is the time to stop gambling your life away and to open the Bible and meet God your Father and Creator, and Jesus Christ, your Lord and Savior. Open your minds and your hearts and you shall know the Truth and that Truth will set you free.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I went through a phase where I lost faith - then I reflected on my life and
    I regained faith - life is just so hard but its mankind that makes it so
    We have to carry on and reach out to those less fortunate
    We have a soul - for a reason

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Babs Hunt, all wife and I can say to this is...........AMEN!!!

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

While I certainly understand and appreciate your point, one that does apply to a large number of people who refuse to consider that God might be real, there are those who are simply stating, as a matter of fact, that they don't believe. They may want to believe it, and may even have pretended to believe it, but they are acknowledging the simple fact that they do not. They might like to believe a lot of things which, in all honesty, they do not believe. I am sorry for those who who, through pride or a warped view of what makes sense to them, refuse to hear or seriously consider the gospel message.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

If You don't believe the earth is flat it's pointless to fake it and try to think otherwise. For those of us that are non believers trying to hedge your bet my falsifying what you truly feel is equally pointless.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If anyone truly desires to know God is real, then God their Father will show them that He is. On the other hand, if you have no real desire to know Him, He will not force Himself on you either. God's greatest desire is that none of His children perish, but that they all have everlasting life. We make choices in this life and one of those choices is to believe or not to. When we make the choice to believe we are given gifts of faith, hope, and love which blossom forth in us as we come to know God and His Truth. As you nurture your relationship with God and He with you...your faith, hope, and love will come into full bloom and will hold steadfast throughout all the trials and tribulations of this earthly life. Choosing to believe God is who He says He is and that The Bible is His spoken Truth is a choice we each have to make for ourselves. But as God's children we are asked to share His love and Truth with others. Even if you think there is no way you could ever believe....God says nothing is impossible for Him!

Joe Riley and Ken Anderson like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ren Tanner I often smile when I read your posts as you remind me so much of the New Testament story of Saul one of the great persecutors of Christians....and who later became an even greater Christian! :)

Joe Riley and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm surprised about the comparison with Paul, particularly because I do not and have no desire to persecute Christians or anyone else for that matter. TO EACH HIS OR HER OWN.

Sheldon Scott and Frank Sanoica like this.